international L-112

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markjeep9

well I just got a truck to make my first project. I was wondering if anyone knew how to tell what year this truck i have a serial number but it doesn't seem to have the year in it. Here are some pictures i took they are not very good because they are from my phone but it might help. Any ideas were to go to find the year would be great. Thanks
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

cool yeah once we get it out of the woods I will hopefully get better pictures of it... not bad for free the guy was gonna junk it at the scrap metal yard.

Do a search for them and you will find lots of good info, we talk about them fairly often. Determining the exact year gets a little fuzzy since IH titled them in the year they were sold, not the year model like other makes.

I found the registration the other day when I took out the bench seat and its a 1951. I can't wait till this thing looks like I'm actually getting somewhere. Right now it seems like I put hours into just removing bondo and junk from the past owners patch jobs all over this thing. I'm really not experienced with rat rods either so this is a huge learning process for me. But I must say so far its a blast just getting away from everyday life to work on the rat. Thanks ahead of time for all the ideas and insight!

Nice find! Mines a 50 and it has the split rear window like yours. I think they got rid of that in 54.

Looks like you already find my build thread, but if you get some time, read through my whole thread. You might learn something as I will likely learn so etching from your build as well. My binder is my first try at so etching like this too so were in the same boat.
Good luck! I'll be watching. [P[P[P

Heres what I have done so far, picked it up from the woods then found out almost the whole front end was bondo and patched together scrap metal so I took it all off then found a old grille from a tractor, in person it looked big enough but once I got it home it is a bit small for the truck so Im not sure what going to happen with that might be a waste of 25 bucks
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Looks like you already find my build thread, but if you get some time, read through my whole thread. You might learn something as I will likely learn so etching from your build as well. My binder is my first try at so etching like this too so were in the same boat.
I have read your build a few times all the way through It has really inspired me to build it how I want not how everyone around here tells me to. I figure I'll make mistakes along the way but I'm willing to put the time into it so its a safe driver that looks crazy too

I have read your build a few times all the way through It has really inspired me to build it how I want not how everyone around here tells me to. I figure I'll make mistakes along the way but I'm willing to put the time into it so its a safe driver that looks crazy too

You have the right frame of mind already!
After all, it's YOUR ride, not anyone else's. So build it the way you see fit!

Don't sweat the grill shell. I wouldn't see it as a waste cause once you really get deep into the truck, it might look better then you first thought. It's kinda tough to see something for what it is the first time you put it in place. Sometimes you gotta put it there, stare at it for a night, sleep on it, stare some more, then repeat a few more times before a vision starts to kick in :rolleyes:
That's the story of my entire build.

FYI, if you wanna keep it full bodied with front fenders and grill ect, I have all my old stuff that's still in pretty good shape.
I don't know where in the country you are, so I can't say what shipping would be, but that option is out there.

Keep it up!

yeah I was thinking I should probably start a build thread even tho I havent done much at all. I do like the looks of both full bodied and open wheel rats I'm torn... I did just buy a 250dollar 1991 lincoln lsc for donor parts (ford 302engine, trans, air ride, and whatever else I can strip off it)

yeah I was thinking I should probably start a build thread even tho I havent done much at all. I do like the looks of both full bodied and open wheel rats I'm torn... I did just buy a 250dollar 1991 lincoln lsc for donor parts (ford 302engine, trans, air ride, and whatever else I can strip off it)

302 is a good motor for that truck. Its fuel injected and computer run, so it might be tough to hide all the ugly wiring. But for $250, you cant pass that up!!!!

The air ride on the car might be a little tough to adapt, not saying its impossible. If it were me, id get the car up on jack stands and lay under it for a few hours looking at how everything is setup currently. Even take a bunch of photos so that once you rip everything apart, you can reference back to the photos in case you get into a jam.
Keep on truckin!

yeah it was a guy that used to rent a room at our house that needed the cash so for that price like you said hard to pass up... the wires are the worst part I plan on striping it down as much as possible. I am going to need to pull it all apart and re gasket it all maybe even a complete rebuild while I have it apart. It leaks alittle oil when its hot so I want to make sure its good before I run it. good idea on the laying under and studying the suspension and stuff along with pictures for reference. I don't know how these bags look in comparison to the aftermarket ones but I guess I won't know till I rip right into it and see.

Latest posts

Back