Internet connection speed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This laptop is limited by the wireless card, my daughters PC is tethered to our router and runs 11+ Mb/s. Not sure what the other two can run....

depending on time of day, it can drop quick. I think our ISP's VOIP screws us.

Hey I'm still on dial up and can't get high speed where I am. Could be worse, I could have no phone line and then I never would have met all you fellow rat rodders.
Maybe this year they will run the lines.

Lightspeed Mike

Hey I'm still on dial up and can't get high speed where I am. Could be worse, I could have no phone line and then I never would have met all you fellow rat rodders.
Maybe this year they will run the lines.

Lightspeed Mike

we had dsl at our house by my shop, but it was unavailable up here at our church parsonage.......my wife talked me into the hughes net satelite internet......not bad, but def not the dsl--seems as if this is slower sometimes than others--but always faster than dial-up.....

might want to check it out

I have wild blue. It's a satellite internet too and I don't like it! But it's better then dial up! I had a few different carriers of dsl when I lived in town and loved it! However im limited to satellite or dial up out here in the boonies (3 miles out of town) Lol

Last edited:
672113271.png

I have wild blue. It's a satellite internet too and I don't like it! But it's better then dial up! I had a few different carriers of dsl when I lived in town and loved it! However im limited to satellite or dial up out here in the boonies (3 miles out of town) Lol

Man you should be way faster than that. I was on Wild Blue until their equipment failed about a week past the warranty. It was going to cost me another $250.00 for repairs. ( I am in the Boonies as well)

Cox cable in my apt:

672284858.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Its pretty fast most of the time. TV gets a little pixelated every now and then... I have seen it run faster usually about 25+ MPS

Regards,

Rev. D.

Latest posts

Back