IRS Blake Line Question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUSTY50F1

@$$Fault Junkie
This maybe a DUMB question; But here goes. If you don't ask you'll never be sure. As you all know I have a Jag IRS under my 50f1. What I need to know is If the center pumpkin is mounted to a cross member that is welded to the frame on both sides (which makes it stable) do I have to use a soft hose on the brakes or can I run hard line all the way to the Disc brakes?:confused::confused:

Id run rubber lines to the caliper so when u change the brake pads you can take the caliper off with out taking off the brake line:)

brake lines for the irs

I work on jags all the time, the question is the way u mounted the rear end and how close it is to the bed and frame, can u remove the brake pads without unbolting the calipers, I mean is there anything in the way, if u can remove the pads and not have to unbolt the calipers a solid line will work fine, but if the calipers have to be unbolted and moved to replace the pads u need to use rubber hoses so the calipers will move and u dont have to break the lines loose to do simple pad replacement, u dont want to have to bleed the brakes out evey time u toast the pads and have to replace them, I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back