Is anyone as stoked as I am!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleDonnie

Saturday is Winter Solstice and the days start getting longer. I'm living only eight miles from where I grew up and when I turned fifty Seasonal Effective Disorder started crawing up my butt. I'm 55 now the last 5 years has had more effect. I use to be real active in winter. Saturday I'll be outside doing the sun dance!

Don

Actually I started dancing yesterday.........it was 56 degrees instead of 33 like the day before. [cl
But yes, looking forward to Saturday..........it gets tougher every year for me too. :)

I remember when I was younger living in Detroit and absolutely hated winter. It was always gray and cold. I am so glad I moved to the south. Best of luck to all of you in the north trying to get past the winter blues. I have been there and I feel for you. One thing I tried to do was keep busy in the garage and I had a lot of lights in the garage to make it as bright as possible.

It's O.F. sindrom

Even in So. Cal. the cold gets to me, it's just not as cold :eek: At 50 I'd take a bike ride as long as it was dry, now at 68 it's not so much fun.
Keep your spirits up, the times they are a change'n [cl

Agree, the 21st is the real holiday round here for me.
These short days get to me, what with 8 hours of daylight less a 1 1/2 hour nap, I'm just not as productive.

This cold damp short hours of daylight crap screws with me, too. I don't have an enclosed building to work in, just a carport open on two sides, so if the weather isn't just right, nothing gets done. :( I did manage a creative afternoon or two this week, it's been in the high 50's low 60's, supposed to hit 70+ Sat. Hope to get a bit done then.

I hate the short days but still try to get 3-4 hours of sunlight a day. It's more important than most people realize. My last wife suffered from S A D and it got worse every year. Or else she was really just a biatch and used it for an excuse to shred me daily. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. She gets along a lot better in Texas anyway. But you can still control it with lots of sun and/or full spectrum lighting indoors.

I've been so darn busy at work I have hardly noticed anything other than its COLD here. Years seem to go by faster and faster as I get older.

Latest posts

Back