Is anything USA made anymore

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haul USA made roofing shingles every day. Those things are so heavy, I doubt they could make a profit on them if they had to ship them over here on a boat.....

I haul USA made roofing shingles every day. Those things are so heavy, I doubt they could make a profit on them if they had to ship them over here on a boat.....
You'd be surprised. I buy paper for a printing company. There is a LOT of Asian paper mills that sell decent paper for a decent price, and that includes the boatride. I decided that I wanted to buy as much domestic paper as I could so I asked the paper salesmen to give me the best price they could and I would do my best to buy American. They went to their bosses and got a price better than the import stuff. And basically all it took was me wanting to try to keep the business in the US, and asking for a better price on American goods.
I think the pendulum is starting to swing back towards American manufacturing because American people see what is happening when everything comes from abroad.

Made in U.S.A.

We can bicker why all day but the real blame is all on the U.S. government will all the regulations,E.P.A. bs,Osha regulations,taxes,insurance,bonds licenses. Within the next 2 years there will be no chrome shops in US and probably no American made brakes either.:(

If it wasn't for cheap imported junk this would probably cost 6k-8k instead of 3k and it wouldn't cost much more to make

I'm only 45 but i remember when I was first buying tools very very little was imported and what was imported was just about useless...
And commercial tools like a big air compressor lathe or a mig welder or a plasma cutter were way out of the league of the hobbyist.

Millermatic_252.png

Hi Everyone

I lost my job to a Asian company back in the 1990's. It is so depressing out there. Right now I purchase all my clothing online from companies that are American made. I just ordered a pair of Whites boots

http://www.whitesboots.com/

I also just received 2 new pairs of Prison Blue Jeans

http://oce.oregon.gov/products/112

Both companies are American from the Northwest. I probably payed 1/3 more for the jeans and about twice more for the boots(If I bought from a local retailer that sells Asian stuff). I saved my money up before I went and purchased these products. I wont wear Asian clothing anymore...I drive a Chevy truck too....I try my darnest to purchase from Amercian companies only. It kills me at work because most all the girls and more than one of the guys in my office drive Asian cars....they tell me it if "they" build a car that would hold up they would buy it...or the other one is "that it doesnt matter because there car was made here (in the USA)"...the money still goes overseas when all the bills are payed.

All I can say is you gotta do your homework before you make your purchases theses days....I try my best...gets tougher all the time...

my smelly old 2 cents
MikeC

I'd go for a couple pairs of those. good looking boots

Latest posts

Back