Is it worth a try ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJunktionMike

Something's wrong with that boy!
I have a chance to pick up both cars for a realy good price (the gray one has a title). There is some floor panel rust but nothing major, both cars have very little body damage. I have a running 350 and auto trans I can swap into the one. Is it worth a try to flip one to save my bacon [S I would need to get 3,500.00 out of it, would that be to far of a reach?

I would welcome any input on this.

Thank,
Mike

BTW 49 and 50

Attachments

• IMG_20120503_200850.jpg
    IMG_20120503_200850.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20120503_200900.jpg
    IMG_20120503_200900.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Sometimes you are better off just flipping a car without doing anything to it at all. Since none of us ever get all the money out of a car when we sell it that we put into it, you might make more by just cleaning one or both up and selling them as is. Just a thought.

Don

Mike If there is nothing more than time invested then drop the motor in one, a runner is easyer to sell than a non runner. But also people r not letting lose of that cash the way they did 2-3-4 years ago ?? thats a easy sell in LA ,out here a hard sell.

Both 4 doors, $3500? Don't get your hopes up. In todays economy either one of those cars would have to be a licensed driver to fetch that kind of money, and even they you would set on it a while trying to get that kind of money out of a 4 door.

Well id say probably not, with that kinda dough u shure could fix up that diamond and the 52

Last edited:
Both 4 doors, $3500? Don't get your hopes up. In todays economy either one of those cars would have to be a licensed driver to fetch that kind of money, and even they you would set on it a while trying to get that kind of money out of a 4 door.

Agreed. You won't even get close to that kind of money.

11.jpg

Just for a reference, my son wants $5,000 for this Plymmie. Chopped, sbc,700r4. So that might be all you could get out of one of them all fixed up.

I don't think the two 4 doors are a good deal at all.

I sold my 51 Fleetline 2 door with visor for $300 last year and it took forever just to get someone to look at it.

Guys thanks for the input on this. To get these wouldn't break the bank. But never dealing in this kind of car I was not sure it would be posible to really turn any money on them. I may just weather out the bs and pick them up at a later date and build my self a family cruser.

Latest posts

Back