issues with a title!!! please help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

i know this is the most legit way to go about this, but im having some issues with getting a title for my 42 ford.

i am asking for help for whomever may have the needs to help. i am hoping someone may have an open title to a trashed cab or so for a 42-48 ford. same body style but im not worried about getting a title for a later cab. hopefully someone can help. im trying to get this worked out so i can get it going for my daugther. thank you

Most states will check VIN.They hunt for any reason to keep old cars off road.The car haters are making it a lot more difficult to get titles.Don`t know why they make it so hard on hot rods.We pay all the registration fees,taxes,road user fees,etc,etc,and vehicles sit in garage 99 percent of time.Looks like they would want to make it easier to get the money.But the fact is it is only going to get harder.:mad:Gets me angry that a few car hating people in government can make it so hard on all us hotrodders.Most people love old cars.I always get thumbs up when I drive.Good luck

I know it wont match but i can get a new vin plate for the rust ate thru the old vin plate so a clean title that can be transfered over and done easier than the 10 steps they ask for a new lost title...

but im in wyoming...i can pay for a clean bill of sale and title to match...if anyone can help.

thanks all..and i know about the issues for titling. still fighting title issues on my 1970 formula 400 firebird

broadway title

Have you tried any of the title sevices such as broadway title in AL.
http://www.broadwaytitle.com/form.htm
I used them to get AL bill of sale on a 36 5 window I got in Mexico. Bill of sale was then used to get clean MO title. This was a few years back and not sure if this still can be done. Cost was around $200.
Pat

There is a title co. in OK that charges 100.00 not sure if they do out of state or not.

Bray Title Service
580-363-3939
580-789-1211
Blackwell,OK 74631

E-man...i searched that link and it states that all i need to do is register it as an antique. proof of insurance...drivers license and antique plates app and i automatically registers as an antique...no title needed...? is that smart? still need to search the other pair of links...id prefer a title for its still highly in project stage

Broadwaytitle requires a road worthy car to be qualified for them to help title...kinda stuck again..ill start googlingand see what comes up

Most states have several different routes you can take but will usually only tell you about one. I'm not real familiar with Wyoming, even though I only live a couple miles from the line. Here is S.D. you can go the homebuilt (rebuilt?) route but the car needs to be done before you can go after that. Also there is an affidavit you can possibly get and that is where they search the vin for previous owners ect. They also told me if I bring in a bill of sale there is another process they can do from that.
If you are looking to buy a title, you might check with Larry Pearsoll on the HAMB. He sells titles. I was selling some but the state shut me down and made me surrender the ones I had left. I do still have a few Wyo. titles. No 42 Ford but I do have a 41 Chevy pickup

Right now im olnly informed of the affidavt of vehicle ownership...which is requiring an excessive amount of paperwork

This is an argument as old as cars are themselves. We rodders dig some junker out of a field or buy it from someone and it has no title. It was a POS that no one wanted, so we spend time and money and turn it into a running, driving car. Now we need to make it "legal" to drive on our States highways. How do you go about doing that?

Different States have different laws and procedures for obtaining a title. Some are very lax, some are near impossible. Some States let you title it as a homebuilt from parts car, or hobbyist car, and others require it to be titled as what it was when it left the factory. No one can throw stones at you for wanting to buy a title and turn your car into that car..........it is done every day, and I bet 30% or more of the cars at any large event were done that way. (Those guys selling titles for $ 100-$ 800 or more are NOT selling them for people to hang on their wall, as they say, that is only to cover their butts legally.)

Something I just saw on another forum brings to light the problem that can result from this procedure. A 1937 Ford Panel Truck was stolen in Arizona and was taken by the thieves to the DMV and reregistered as another car. They were about an hour away from getting into Mexico when they were arrested because a sharp eyed member on that forum spotted it at the DMV and took pictures he turned over to the cops. Now, I realize 99% of us who play the title game are not thieves, just hardworking rodders who want to get our pride and joy on the road, but you can see why States are tightening up on these things.

All I can say is that you won't be the first, or the last, rodder to get your car on the street using another title. :)

Don

lol good point. well im remounting a fabbed vin late using the vin# off the bill of sale, for the firewall and old vin were rotten and destroyed, so i can have a vin inspect done and start doing "real legally" unless i can get some help with just simply passing of the paper "legal"

Some States, like California, are nuts about this title/vin number thing. I watched a TV show where a guy took some cars to a Barett Jackson type auction and Officials from the State showed up and checked every car against the title. Some were pulled from the auction because the vin tags had been removed to paint the underhood area, and refastened with non factory rivets. The cars had to be sold with the stipulation they could not be sold to California residents.

With all the other crimes going on I wish these guys would concentrate their efforts on catching those criminals and leave us hard working rodders alone.:mad:

Don

Latest posts

Back