It's A Sad Day My Friends

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won't miss twinkies but if they start messin with my Zebra cakes, things could get ugly.
Hostess has practically disappeared around here years ago, all the snack racks have been little Debbie and others for quite a while. I have to say Hostess must have been on the rocks anyway.

now for a lighter note, how about some little debbie, little debbie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs7RwL56YHc

I remember that song! [cl never knew who did it.

I watched the video He sang "captains wafers" lol
Ever notice the captains wafers get left behind for the club crackers?
I forgot I posted this once but here it is again

"Though Captains Wafers be a plenty
And strong succor for working men
It seems perhaps there are too many
Neither the deck hands nor the Captain are eating them
So there they lay upon the table
Salted fare seeming able
Should one strive to quell his hunger pangs
My greasy fingers would not avail to rent the crinkling plastic veil
I fell to curse which sprang from lips as "DANG!"
Having crushed them all to bits I tried my teeth and got the spits
The valiant carbohydrate mass
released its sealed hermetic gas
and crumbs were what I ate
I worked the entire night away until the burning dawn of day
My table a battlefield strewn with armor of vanquished foe
My enemies they were not through
and a I rose I felt anew that daily urge to go
I tarried there before I left
Evacuated bowels bereft
Flushing twice the wretched stool
I found my feet in fetid pool
My innards spooled round a soda can
I went to seek a phys-ician
Eat the wafers, nevermore"-ME

On the news this morning they said Hostess brings in 2.5 billion a year. Does labor cost that much? Why was there not a reserve to make it through something like this? I dont like some of the things unions do either but I also think theyre the easiest to blame.

During lunch yesterday I was reading an article about Hostess & Twinkies & I stepped outside for something & a large Hostess delivery truck was sitting at the stop sign... was he just watching/tempting/testing me or what?!? He better be careful driving that around town... might get jacked with the coming shortage of cupcakes & Twinkies & all!!! [S:eek:[ddd

BoB

You may have heard that Hostess Bakery plants shut down due to a workers' strike.

But you may not have heard how It was split up.

The State Department hired all the Twinkies,

The Secret Service hired all the HoHos,

The generals are sleeping with the Cupcakes and

The voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress.

People going stupid over a Hostess Twinkie.

Set up at the swapmeet yesterday,guy behind me had two Hostess plastic signs 2 by 8 ft,and sold them for $150 each. Another lady was selling Twinkies for $3. each ,just crazy. I for one don't blame Hostess a bit for telling the union to stick it. They told all the employees to come to work or they would close. The union sure ain't going to support all the people out of work now. All the employees took it for granted just because they belong to a union that they could demand and automaticaly get what they wanted. Now they are unemployed and the Union leaders are still living high on the hog on their dime.

While I understand the contempt for unions - I have the same feelings - but if you read the article patrat posted the link to, you will see that it originally was the fat cats at the top of the Twinkie Corporation lining their pockets :mad:

Cliff notes:

The company and the financial press have spun this story as the makers of Twinkies going out of business because of excessive labor costs. But here’s the real story.

Hostess Brands is a classic case of private equity engineers and executives looting a viable company, loading it up with debt, and then asking the employees to make up the difference.

Latest posts

Back