Jack dolly questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt's37Buick

Jack dollies like the "Uni-Dolly" seem to make more sense for a project car than wheel dolllies because they can be used when you do not have wheels ,or even a suspension, installed.
Does this make sense, or am I missing something?
Has anyone used the Uni-dolly?
Is there a less expensive jack dolly that someone can recommend?
Have you found jack dollies to be safe for moving around a car and working under a car?

Question on wheel dollies
Can wheel dollies like Go jacks be used with flat tires?
Thanks

I just use a set of the cheap car dollies from HF but they work pretty good for moving a project around.

As far as working under a car only supported by jack dollies - no way. It's still a hydraulic jack and can fail. If it's not supported by sturdy jackstands then you shouldn't be under it. Too many people killed that way...

The uni dolly that's the one you jack your car up and sit it down on if I'm right they are safe but I still prefer good old jack stands there's less to go wrong

tireskate.com

Check out tireskate.com I have read very favorable reviews on these dollies and they look good to me. More expensive than harbor freight, but probably well worth it. They also have skate top that will bolt to their skates and allow the frame to be supported by the skate. For larger wheels, they have frame dollies that bolt to the frame. This stuff could be built but quality castors are expensive so they may be better deal. I plan on ordering some next week. Moved my '37 Roadmaster home yesterday, bought a couple of harbor freight furniture dollies yesterday for $11.99 each on sale. Glad I did because the rear of car had to be dragged sideways to get it out of garage it was stored in. Amazingly the car had not been driven since '52, but all four tires held air. The right front wheel was locked up, but I was able to drag car out of the garage with my truck. After it was moved to my new garage, I put a dolly under the locked wheel and pushed it in my garage with my truck. I'll let you know how the tireskates work when I receive them.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back