Jay Leno's highly opinionated take on how to fix Detroit!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amen. And remember the KISS principle. Model T simplicity built the American car industry, and somewhere along the line we lost it. By contrast, the Japanese seem to have picked up on that idea pretty well.

Don

New Chev van!

I just saw a picture of the new Chev van! It looks totally awesome!!! WHY... with all the incredible talent do they insist on pushin' out such bland cars... I really don't get it!!! I hope they'll get with the program or their goose is cooked!!!

BoB

I don't think it's so much the blandness. Look at the Camry. No #1 seller. It's reliability. No if they could only make an AFFORDABLE, GOOD LOOKING and RELIABLE car.

American cars used to be built by designers and engineers with pride and passion. They could proudly tell their grandkids that they were part of the team that produced the '57 Chevy or whatever. Where is the pride in producing plastic road appliances?

I also think that the people that are designing American cars today are way out of touch with what the buying public desires. Instead of a passionately designed automobile with the customer in mind, some generic contraption concieved by people who are not enthusiasts are forced on the market. When that happens, people look to other manufactuers for both quality and a car that they are not embarrassed to be seen in.

Did you see where he said "if you want to green - drive an old car. If you think about all the energy it takes to build a new car, driving an old one makes more sense."

Didn't even know!!!

Did you see where he said "if you want to green - drive an old car. If you think about all the energy it takes to build a new car, driving an old one makes more sense."

Wow... I'm green & didn't even know it!!! :D:D:D

I don't know about the rest of the thread but I'm green with envy because of the rat rods I see on this forum.

Latest posts

Back