Junkyard SCORE

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440shorty

I just read in the March 2009 issue of Hot Rod Deluxe about the Buick under seat heaters, so I went to one of the local Crazy Ray's U-pick-it style junkyards and saw the hulk of an early 50s Buick. I couldn't really tell what year it was, since it was missing the driveline and what wasn't rusty was bent up. But the seats were still in it, and also the buried treasure! I got me an under seat heater! The plan was to rip the entire dash out of the cab anyway, but I still wanted heat. Now I can hide the heater under the seat and maintain that bare-bones basic look I seek.

First Pic is of the heater in its natural habitat.

The rest are of it at home. Looks really good, and it still had plenty of green coolant in it when I cut the old hoses.

Isn't the parts chasing one of the best parts of hot rodding?

440shorty

Attachments

• Heater_in_Buick.jpg
    Heater_in_Buick.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Heater_top2.jpg
    Heater_top2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Heater_bottom2.jpg
    Heater_bottom2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 54
dunno

I don't know if the fan works, but according to the article, a fan motor for 60-63 Chevy truck is a bolt-in, is 12 volt, and popular enough that it was in stock at their local auto parts store. I'm not sure if this one is 6 volt or 12 volt. The only thing I noticed was that the car probably was an automatic - it only had two pedals and didn't look like someone removed the clutch pedal. It didn't have fins, had 3 portals per side, but other than that...?

I'll clean it up later and have the core tested. I have other fish to fry right now.

440shorty

nice score man,, i think bout heat now,, seems since i turned the big 40 i get colder:mad: i would like to have it hid if possible too!

Latest posts

Back