Just an "Old Fart" Starting Over

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurtRod58

Hi Gang,
I'm a 50 yr old longtime motorhead getting back into hot rodding with my 13 year old son. We have a '52 Desoto Firedome mordoor with a SB Mopar and TF tranny. Should be roadworthy in time for some spring/summer fun here in NorCal.

Welcome to RRR! And I 'll be the first to tell you we'd all like to see some pictures of your project. ;) Great to hear your getting your young one involved, makes it that much more fun.

Here you go. It's my understanding that the car was a "dragger" from SoCal area and was known as the "gold tooth" car in the late '90's/early '00's. I'm not going that route. It will be low but a little more drivable. Perhaps bag it sometime in the future, depends on how long we decide to keep it.

Attachments

• th_IMG_2580.jpg
    th_IMG_2580.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 29
  • th_IMG_2496.jpg
    th_IMG_2496.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 15
  • th_IMG_2581.jpg
    th_IMG_2581.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 17
  • th_IMG_2494.jpg
    th_IMG_2494.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 8
  • th_IMG_2641.jpg
    th_IMG_2641.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 17
Well I'm amazed at how many are joining this forum and I'm one of them also and would like to welcome you as well as the many others. It appears to be a popular forum and one to gain alot of knowledge from....John:)

Welcome CurtRod58,

Good to have you here!

I'm a member of one of the father/son teams on here. My 17 year old son and I have a 51 Ford f1 project that should be underway very soon.

I love to hear the youth getting involved, thank god too cos you'll save his thumbs from those stupid games .... ah, I guess that wasn't nice of me .. but oh well, WELCOME to you both you'll find a bunch a great folks here on this forum.

Welcome to RRR, CurtRod58. Family builds are always great. Least you know where the boy will be hanging out. And no need to worry about what he'll see here. This is a nice clean, family friendly site.

Latest posts

Back