Just and Idea

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvapteam

Was wondering if anyone here has seen a "crewcab" rat rod? We got in a titled 48 Ford truck with no bed that we have the back end of a 38 something 4dr that the body lines would look cool together. They idea we have is a making a 4dr cab (rear door sucide opening) with a rag top, chop of course. Its in my head that it would be cool but not sure what it would realy turn out like

Starting

Sorry, here is a shot of the to pushed together.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 150
I think you should go for it, the best ideas come thinking outside the box. Also it would be great to have something with all that room.

I can't recall where I found the thread at the moment. I have seen a guy with an early 50's ford p/u he took two cabs and joined them, his back doors opened suicide and were cut down similar to a cab and a half truck of today, with a small bench seat in the back. I think the idea has a ton of potential for sure, take the whole family and the dog with ya anywhere ya wanna go.

U should cut out the window pillar suicide the back door and chop the top thats how my 62 impala is 4 door no post i think that would look clean.u could shortin up the bed and just slam it thats a good idea 4dr i like.just my 2 cents

hmmmm tasty!

thanks for all the advice guys, I let the crew here read all the post and now we got every one excited to move on it. I did find another cab so the sucide door thing is posiable at this point. I will get the second cab off moced up to post some pics.....
thanks again guys....I love this forum!

New Idea

So we thinking da! Why dont we just take another cab and turn it around! Matching body lines, just remove the back of the front cab, remove the back the second, mate then toghether reattach the one the cabs the 2nd cab! Sounds easy......but I quess that start of all problems write! I will remove the second and line up and take some pics this week to get some better ideas.

i did this some years ago! made a extended cab, cut the back of a 55 chevy, added another cab , and a long wheels base bed, it was long put it on a long wheel base 75 chevy truck frame, had to add 12 inches to the frame was a really neat truck! wish i had pics, parts list. 1 55 chevy truck, one 55 cab. and 2 extra doors, one 75 chevy frame!,, alot of work but worth it! the extra two door was for the post , cut the doors in half , used the back half of the door for the front half of the rear doors, made them kinda square!!!

Latest posts

Back