just another new guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spdcrazy

hey i'm Rob from Homer Alaska. have had some interesting vehicles in my past, but nothing like some of the works of art on here!

heres a short list
86 bronco 2, (cut and hacked like a truck, 35" tires custom suspension and steering)
94 nissan 300zx TT 500ish hp (still have it, tho in pieces)

then i got the bug for older vehicles
77 datsun 280z holley 390cfm 4bbl
71 datsun 510 station wagon (never should have sold)

since there is very very few datsuns in ak
68 chrysler new yorker (my rad rodish kinda project)
68 dodge power wagon (daily driver)

I look forward to letting the creative juices flow and learning a thing or two!
one thing is in common, I like the unique!

i was originally looking for a coupe, for the irs. but then the wagon bug hit me, and i cant leave! really wanted to swap in a awd sr20 turbo. but never got even close before i sold it and moved north.

now the project is the big block yorker, and the power wagon rust removal and to make it more user friendly for a daily. (gf has short legs, drums all around and no power steering/brakes gets difficult for her)

thanks BH. LOVE your build.

had a matching pic of the new yorker in same spot different day. cool to have matching vehicles and matching pics.

this is a few others. all taken with a HTC one.

the truck will remain mostly as is. try to nip the rust. and summer i'll run bigger tires. got an ele dizzy setup coming from summit. would like headers and dual 2 1/2 exhaust. 4bb intake and smallish carb for the 318la.

the yorker is the project.

need a front left brake caliper (hard to get ahold of without selling a kidney)
rear main leak needs fixed badly
mostly it will get engine work. thinking hoodless with a victor high rise
(until i was told the one locally just sold)
haven't created a air cleaner i like for the lines of the car if i was to do a high rise tho.
ele dizzy headers, blah blah.
torsion bars cranked low in front and blocks in rear, static drop.
blacked out windows
wide tires with 15in alum wheels.
maybe a wire style roof rack such as this
http://www.discountramps.com/car-ro...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CKvl9JzqzLkCFbF_QgodWXEAVg

oh and a sticker in the back window saying....
RESPECT YOUR ELDERS

more will come as i get into it, but thats the beginning. its no 30's fenderless monster, but its mine. and the city will know it!

i was originally looking for a coupe, for the irs. but then the wagon bug hit me, and i cant leave! really wanted to swap in a awd sr20 turbo. but never got even close before i sold it and moved north.

now the project is the big block yorker, and the power wagon rust removal and to make it more user friendly for a daily. (gf has short legs, drums all around and no power steering/brakes gets difficult for her)

AWD would have been cool, I converted my Nissan Pulsar NX to AWD using the GTIR trans and an SR20DET. That car surprised many many people...

And that power wagon is awesome! [cl

AWD would have been cool, I converted my Nissan Pulsar NX to AWD using the GTIR trans and an SR20DET. That car surprised many many people...

And that power wagon is awesome! [cl

thank you! Gtir that's the one I was gonna use. Couldn't think of the name at time of posting.

just scored headers, aluminium factory four barrel intake, and a carter adv comp 625cfm carb! 220 bucks! All for the ow tho. Yorker is back burner till summer again

They are definitely a desirable vintage import! Not just a older Honda either!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Welcome from a fellow Alaskan

There is some great info here that's for sure, like your picts Homer is a pretty cool place, we travel through there a lot off the ferry system. Its alot like Kodiak except you can drive places!!! WELCOME

There is some great info here that's for sure, like your picts Homer is a pretty cool place, we travel through there a lot off the ferry system. Its alot like Kodiak except you can drive places!!! WELCOME

yep. drive east for 24 mi. or west and into the abyss. lol.

but it is a perfect place to live! cept i'm lacking a shop.

Latest posts

Back