Just got a 56 f100 !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patina

I just picked up a 56 f100 project. Cant wait to get in to it. Traded my old beater 88 gmc for it. Im not much of a ford guy so chances are it will have chevy engine in it. My plan for know is a camaro clip and rear 15 inch steelies with baby moons. Just something simple for daily driving.

Put a MOPAR torsion bar front end under it...available from Dwight Bond in Gibbon, NE. Bolts on, rides great and is inexpensive.

If you don't want a Ford engine at least put something in with some power.....;)

Attachments

• mojo 4:11.jpg
    mojo 4:11.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 54
Put a MOPAR torsion bar front end under it...available from Dwight Bond in Gibbon, NE. Bolts on, rides great and is inexpensive.

If you don't want a Ford engine at least put something in with some power.....;)

Im gona use a camaro clip and run a 350/700r with 3:73 so i can do some high way driving and still have a tire burner if needed.

I am having computer troubles with up loading pictures from my iphone to the computer, But here is the link to some pictures on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/jason.d.cla...t=a.10152085577490473.915561.606975472&type=1

I will work on some better pictures when i start my build thread

Heres some pictures of the cab i got...
I'll start a build thread when i start working on it... im still collecting a few parts. Also picked up a camaro clip and rear end as well... So it wont be long.
truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

Sorry....

Hey Patina,
I apologize for not responding sooner. Been kinda out of pocket.

Thanks for the good words. I'm running a 3" dropped straight axle with a Toyota steering box and a shortened original column. I have a 64 Ford Fairlane steering wheel.

I will be glad to get your measurement. It may be a couple of days but as soon as I can.

Your cab looks great.

Later
Lynn

I love those. ' had one some years ago that I chopped, channelled, sectioned, etc, etc, and built a frame to use '89 Firebird running gear front and rear.

flame11.jpg

As was already alluded to, the Plymouth Volare torsion bar front can be adapted to the stock frame rails with minor modifications but I didn't go that route either & respect your decision.

Good luck with it!

56 ford

Cool 56 Ford.. i have one in pieces that has been on the back burner but would like to get back to it as they have a great look..

I love those. ' had one some years ago that I chopped, channelled, sectioned, etc, etc, and built a frame to use '89 Firebird running gear front and rear.

flame11.jpg

As was already alluded to, the Plymouth Volare torsion bar front can be adapted to the stock frame rails with minor modifications but I didn't go that route either & respect your decision.

Good luck with it!

I was looking into a areostar clip but i never had a 56 chassi. The chassi i got is a 48, witch is the same width except for the front rails are pinched on the 48. So if i use the camaro clip i can chop off the pinched section of rail. Finding any kind of chassis around here is difficult let alone a 56.

Better late than never.....

Shakey56

Actually if you could get me a measurement from the rear cab mount to the center axle

Thanks Jason

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The measurement you need is 43.5 inches. Hope this helps you. If you need anything more, just ask.

Lynn

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The measurement you need is 43.5 inches. Hope this helps you. If you need anything more, just ask.

Lynn

Thanks, This info will be very useful to me. I was thinking getting a lokar shifter but i dont know what height i will need at the moment.

Shifter

I've got a 32' Lokar (see photo). Lokar also has a 23".

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back