Just rolled in...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake-Man

Hi. My real name is Nate, but all my friends and fellow car-club members call me "Snake-Man" or "Snake". That's 'cause I love the slithering reptiles, particularly rattlesnakes. My cars are a '63 Chevy BelAir 4-door sedan (mild kustom) that was my first car back in high-school, purchased when I was 15 (I'm about 29 now); and a '53 Buick Special 2-door "Tourback" sedan that is currently a hotrod work-in-progress.

I am the president of the "Devil's Pit" hotrod club of Thief River Falls, MN; and I can also be found lurking on the Ol' Skool Rodz, KillBillet, and Pre1973 message boards.

Here's the pics of my cars, starting with my '63:

l_f949134af92d37cf90556204d866c401.jpg

l_312874d6a92da14eb277621c53797c1b.jpg

l_70f331f4ebdaac2054b2a628eab30974.jpg

l_85907381ab58dd316bb3e2904f474a36.jpg

l_3b4188cc8c95ba4dc45befd7ac4cb9eb.jpg

I did all the bodywork, paint, and interior work on this car and some of the mechanical (the stuff I couldn't do or didn't have the tools for I had our mechanic neighbor do). The pinstriping was done by yours-truly, the ol' skool way: with a striping brush and 1-shot. Engine is a 1958 chevy 283 with a 2-barrel Rochester. Ignition is rebuilt stock, still uses the points system. Alternator is a chrome 1-wire-wonder. Tranny is the stock 3-speed manual, was on the column, converted it to the floor. Rear end is the stock 10-bolt with 3.08 gears. Front and rear suspension is stock. Exhaust is 80-inch chrome sidepipes with built-in glasspack-style mufflers and flamethrowers. Other custom touches: custom interior from EZBoy, chrome dummy spots, dual rear antennas (right side wired to car stereo, left side wired to CB-radio), chrome gas door guard, blue-dot taillights, custom spider-web headlight covers made by Ms. Metal, and a custom shift-knob made by yours-truly out of a chunk of Chevy 350 camshaft. Wheels are 14x7 steelies with '57 Plymouth hubcaps. And yes, I know the steering wheel is a Grant wheel. Back when I was in high-school, a parts car I bought had it, and I thought it'd look cool in mine. Now I'm regretting swapping it, and I'm actually looking for a stock '63 BelAir wheel. So if anyone has one for sale...

And here's the Buick:

l_4b69eff71f3fc604707baa332d84b906.jpg

The Buick is a work-in-progress. Body will be basically stock, but driveline will be modified. Taking out the stock engine (locked-up), tranny, and torque-tube rearend and dropping in a 1970 Olds 455, TH-400 and narrowed 12-bolt rear from a '67 Chevy 1/2-ton pickup, with custom Moser axles and 3.73 gears. Rear suspension is being changed from lever-action shocks to modern tube-shocks and coil springs, front suspension will remain stock IFS with lever-action shocks. The stock IFS worked just fine, why change it? Paint scheme will be black and blood-red.

Welcome to RRR. Snake. Nice 63 Imp. That 53 Buick looks like a good solid start. My wife has some kin around your area & some in Angus.

Welcome to RRR. Snake. Nice 63 Imp. That 53 Buick looks like a good solid start. My wife has some kin around your area & some in Angus.

Angus??? Wonder if she knows the Bob Glass family? Glass used to have quite a collection of vintage tin out at his place, however, last time I checked out there most of it had been auctioned off.

Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, Snake.
Nice looking rides you have there, thanks for sharing. :cool:
Enjoy your time here.. '22

Angus??? Wonder if she knows the Bob Glass family? Glass used to have quite a collection of vintage tin out at his place, however, last time I checked out there most of it had been auctioned off.

Small world there, Snake. If this is the Bob that passed away a while back, then his wife is my mother-in-laws cousin. From what I hear there is still some old tin there. They had some crushed this summer :eek:. From what my wife told me there used to be a couple K of cars/trucks there. Maybe some could be had for next to nothing. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Small world there, Snake. If this is the Bob that passed away a while back, then his wife is my mother-in-laws cousin. From what I hear there is still some old tin there. They had some crushed this summer :eek:. From what my wife told me there used to be a couple K of cars/trucks there. Maybe some could be had for next to nothing. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Yep! That would be the one! Went out there last summer, and he (Bob's son) didn't have nearly the cars that he used to have out there. Unless he still has some in the quansets...

Snake, your Bel-Air was made the same year as me. Always liked '63's and not just 'cuz they're from my birth year but I think that era of Chev has always been appealing to the eye. And as far as 4-doors go I think they look great. Nice ride, Snake....

Latest posts

Back