Just sayin' hi'

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammero

I have a '49 F-1 I am putting on the road. Even tho I love the sight of a rat rod on the road I'm more into sleepers. I hope that's not a conflict of interest here. I have a mild 5.0/AOD I am installing and would appreciate any help I can get.
For starts any suggestions for a disk brake upgrade would help quite a bit. I have a '78 Granada, '78 Nova, '80 Z-28 and '86 F-150, (that's where I got the 5.0/AOD) I can use for front disk and differentials if any will work. I have built bikes for years but this is my first attempt at a pickup.
Here's the F-1.
100_0517MA21393837-0001.jpg

Welcome to RRR, Jammero. Lot's of potential in that truck. Keep us updated as you progress. Usually, that means pics. :D

Welcome!!!

Jammero,
Welcome to the forum & glad u found us! Man... that trucks' got some awesome patina & I can't wait to see u're progress. Be sure to keep us updated & make u're self @ home!!!

BoB

Yep, I see a conflict... that camper, maybe you should go to one of those fancy RV forums with a high dollar rig like that.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome to RRR Jammero. Have you considered using the entire Camaro or Nova front frame section under the truck? Unless you are opposed to it, it's a good way to go to pick up modern brakes, suspension, and steering and the aftermarket/replacement part selection is endless.

Thank's for the welcome guys. Since I'm on a fixed income it will take me awhile to get it back on the road but there is a world of knowledge in this forum and I'm looking forward to taking advantage of it.

Hey Bonehead, like my camper shell do ya? lol. A friend said I could have it if I hauled it off so I figured I'd put it on a trailer I have that was made from the bed of a '66 Chevy pickup.

I'd like to keep the dropped axle simply because I like the way it looks but that's not a deal breaker. When I get the F-1 back on the road, it will be my daily driver so I'm open to any suggestions as long as it will help me get disk brakes on the front. I have an '80 Z/28 parts car that was center punched on the drivers side but the front suspension and rear end are still in good shape.
I'll be posting in the "Under 3000" section so maybe you could give me some advise as to how to upgrade the disk's and suspension.

Latest posts

Back