just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bald13.jpg

I keep a list of what parts were originally for what cars so they can look it up. My Olds has suspension for a '85 Cutlass, motor for a 70's Chevy, and a rear brake hose for a '78 Caddy among other things.

It's way easier to tell them I need a starter solenoid for a fictional '72 Ford F100 so they can look it up, rather than trying to explain what a firewall mounted solenoid is.

If I can, I search it on their website first too and then just show them my phone.

if you try to buy a part at a box store you get the DEER IN THE HEAD LIGHT LOOK , luckily we still have knowledgeable parts guys at the napa and alied stores

I know the look. I needed a head gasket for a chrysler 251 CI flat head six the other day and tried not to insult the parts guy but I still said " I'm glad I got the old guy" . He said he understood.

My parts store, the "old guy" is always busy on the phone and I get the big dumb new guy. He knows at least 3 ways to get anything wrong. Small town stores don't have huge inventory and it's almost always a next day thing for anything I need.
But I was the dumb kid, quite a few times actually, so I have patience and always thank him for all his efforts.

Latest posts

Back