king pins

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just have the wee people do it...
hkingpin.jpg

If you are talking about early Ford spindles, I just have a machine shop press them in and align hone them. You can do it yourself, but to do a proper job you need a hone that centers itself on both bushings so the bore is absolutely straight and not sloppy. If it is for Chevy spindles, these are a loose fit and I put them in with locktite and finger hone them with 1200 grit. They are not as hard to do.

There have been posts recently about people having a problem finding a machine shop with a small enough hone to go in there. My local shop has always done it, so maybe you might have to look around. Cost is usually about $ 50 for the pair in my area.

Don

oh yea, where do i find the wee people?

They will find you, if not already,,, have you ever set a wrench down,, then can't find it..? only to have it appear in a place where you just looked 3 times..? same goes for other stuff you knew ya had but can't find ,until one day yer lookin' for something else and ya find the other thing ya couldn't find earlier..tis' the Wee people,,they sneak in after dark and really mess with ya..:D

41' Dodge Kingpins

What type of machinery is that wee person working on?

Does anyone know where you can buy Kingpin kits for a reasonable price? Or would it be better to get a swap meet part?

Any of the Ford rest parts places should have the kits.

Definitely need to be reamed after installation.

The pins should be a slip fit,assembly should be pretty simple.
Do NOT hammer the king pins in. :eek::rolleyes:

I had to hammer out a pair a few weeks ago.
Took some doing. :mad:

Now i know why the idiot sold the front end,that had just been "rebuilt". :rolleyes:

front end

Whew !!! Close 1, I had to go check mine to see if it was the one, just bought a " rebuilt front end " it came in and I just left it in the packing, it moves free and there are no hammer marks on it. whew:D

Latest posts

Back