Koool idea... mobile welding machine repair!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Koool... I was cruising down the freeway today & saw a van with a big picture of a MIG or TIG machine & the caption read... "On-site Welding Machine Repair". Never would have thought of such but in a city as big as H-town I thought this was a pretty koool idea!!!

BoB

I can see where that kind of business might have a following. I guess the guy has a generator to run the welder because not every location he goes to would have the electrical hookup he needs.

I saw a flatbed truck one day that was rigged out to do some sort of on site repairs. It had a welder, torches, air compressor, tool chest, crane for lifting heavy items or pulling motors, a vice welded to the rear bumper, and lots of other stuff for fixing things. Looked like he had everything he needed right there to do most anything.

There are a lot of businesses that people make a living at that we never thought of.

Don

Semi servicing companies often have a rig like that. A lot of time those guys are welding up a trailer undercarriage in somebody else's parking lot. The guys that show up on our lot to deal with the leased trailers have a F350 that is basically a shop on wheels.

It's very common around here(IN) to see repair trucks like that. Heck most farmers around here are set up with mobile repair trucks.

You see a lot of that in a farming community...... One of my buddies a couple years after we graduated high school built a mobile welding truck. He took an old Chevy pick up 3/4 ton 4wd with a manual trans, popped out the knock out on the side for a PTO, on there he connected a drive shaft to a welder generator mounted on the flat bed. In the cab he had a cable throttle so he could idle up the truck and hold it there. He could MIG TIG or Stick from the back of the truck. Him and has dad ran that for a couple years, made a small fortune doin it. Then they got tired of it (much like everything they do) sold off the truck and they guy that bought it is pretty much going round the clock with it! The only job the guy has and I guess he is doing pretty well!

Sounds like it is a business that repairs welders not does field welding???

Yeah I read it as a mobil welder repair service truck.

Regular flatbed welding trucks with gas powered welders are all over the place here, so I'm thinking it's a truck that repairs those trucks and shop welders

Yeah I read it as a mobil welder repair service truck.

Regular flatbed welding trucks with gas powered welders are all over the place here, so I'm thinking it's a truck that repairs those trucks and shop welders

thats a good idea.
there are 1000's of mobile welding trucks around here.
but i have never seen a welder repair vehicle

Latest posts

Back