Lacquered Cloth Plug Wires *pics*

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Well, I wasn't liking the looks of the red Taylor plug wires with my new hood belts so I decided to order a roll of laquered cloth wire because I like how they look with the overall theme of the car. I ordered the green with a yellow tracer because it sort of matches the olive drab that covers some of the interior parts. I didn't expect the wire to arrive yet but it came late in the day while I was working on the interior panels (stay tuned for that). So I did one side so I could see how it looked. I like it much better. Here's a before and after.

After........

Before......

Here's what the wire looks like close up. I already had a left over supply of ends laying around. This stuff is solid core wire. Most if not all manufacturers of electronic ignitions advise againt using it with their respective products, but some do it anyway. I have points so it does not matter.

Doesn't look like a bad price either.
I have been wanting to cut some custom plug wires for mine every since I brought it home.

Very classy lookin.

those wires are sweet, i'd been wondering for a long time, how people were being so original in period correct builds and yet, the first thing i notice under almost every hood is yellow accell wires or something like that.
those wires look awsome. i like it.

Those wires look lots better than the red Taylors. Only wish they made those in a darker green without the yellow. That would be cool in momma's truck.

Latest posts

Back