Lake style header kits.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcamp

Speedway Motors has a lake style header kit that you weld up yourself for a BB Chevy and was going to order. Does anyone know if they come with the holes already drilled or do you have to drill your own?

no on the holes. I bought the same set. the mega phones are long too so you can make them any length you want.

How tough was it cutting them to fit good and what did you use?

uummmm, they are still on the shelf where I put them, haven't had a chance to cut them yet![cl

On the others I have built I have used a fine toothed hole saw. It usually will work ok. I mostly will fit the pipe to it, draw a line around it, cut the hole with a plasma cutter and finish it with a carbide bit.

The way I did mine was to butt the pipes to the cone, as to cut a hole and put the pipe in the cone.I figured a pipe sticking in the cone would cause more resistance than a small lip where the pipe and cone met.Plus it made it easier just cut the pipe to fit mark and cut a hole then it weld up.

Attachments

• lakers.jpg
    lakers.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 35
  • lakes2.jpg
    lakes2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 36
  • lakes5.jpg
    lakes5.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 40
  • lakes3.jpg
    lakes3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 37
  • lakes.jpg
    lakes.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 41
Hey guys, give this thing a try.

http://metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi

I used it once and it helped a lot. Get the tubing to match up to the megaphone before you cut the hole. You can trace around the tube with a sharpie marker, then just cut the hole and clean it up with a carbide bit.

gold03

headers

My big block kit came with the cap and a ring with the holes drilled and tapped, with gaskets, it came with the bottom flanges to weld to the meg. BUT no flanges to weld to my exhaust pipes to hook them up, I had to order a few diff. size flanges from napa to get ones that fit.

Latest posts

Back