Large Headlights

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyf

My 1930 stock lights are 9" lights but..........

I was kinda wanting something bigger. What models have bigger lights then 9"

A fellow on here a while back used 1929 Cadillac headlights...they were big. Headlights that are bigger than the norm on rods usually come originated from early cars that were considered in the luxury category. Lincolns, Cadillacs, Packards, Auburns, Duesenbergs, and such. They are generally fairly expensive when you find a pair.

I've got a set that are bigger. No idea what they are from. I will get some pics if your possibly interested.

I had the wife measure them. They are about 8.5". I remembered them being bigger.

Last edited:
There's a joke in there somewhere.

25997DGSize-Does-Matter-Posters.jpg

Ebay is where i go to get them. Some 10 1/2 inch Oaklands on there now. Not large diameter but there is a nice pair of model t's for $120. Or for a whole lot cheaper you can make your own from sauce pans,silicone, and glass cut to size from a glass shop.

32 Ford headlights are about the largest reproduction ones out there, they are at least 10 1/2". Spankin' new and shiny stainless with turn signal bulbs built into the reflectors and halogen bulbs from Vintique for around $300 a pair.

Thanks willy, I was all excited :(

My stock lights are 9

Hey Zz I saw those 32 lights but wow 300.......... makes my stock one I have now look better :D:D

I am tired of using standard 7 inch sealed beam dune buggy type lights.They are cheap from speedway,but I am looking to find a pair 1920`s-30`s headlights for my next project.
I think they are around 10 inches,more or less.[S
P.S. I saw a 32 cadillac coupe earlier this year and headlights were HUGE!! I bet they would cost a fortune.

Both the Graham that I'm currently building, and the Reo that was built before that have 10" lights. I am having a bit of difficulty finding lens's for them though.....but god they are gorgeous!

"they're real and they are spectacular"..............

Latest posts

Back