latest bonehead metal project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As some of you know I am trying to get a bunch of stuff ready for the Loveland Sculpture show. North America's largest sculpture show. Here is another one I built for the show.
How about a steampunk chopper, made from junk?
SteamPunkBikeJunkII.jpg

That is freaking awesome... BH, that is really really well done!

Are you doing actual rivets ? I really am curious about that, love the riveted look of everything

Years ago, I started drilling holes, putting a rivet through, and welding the back side. Then I found the back looked as good as the front. So I started "welding" the rivets, without drilling any holes, or using any rivets.

Years ago, I started drilling holes, putting a rivet through, and welding the back side. Then I found the back looked as good as the front. So I started "welding" the rivets, without drilling any holes, or using any rivets.

Do you have more pictures of the chopper? would love to see more! [cl
I am stunned that those are all welds, even the ones on the wheels?

My days are about 15 hours of shop time per day. That one took a full day and a half, and it went by fast. I had a great time building that one. But as usual, I am on to the next project. I have to finish a bunch of copper chandeliers. They are an old design, that I have been making for years, they get old to me, and I am ready to get to something else. But they pay the bills, so I really can't complain.

Time flys when you enjoy what your doing, I wish I had more time to work in my shop. But my regular job sucks up most of my time-but gotta pay the bills. I know what you mean about getting bored with things even if they make you money-it's all about the challenge-keeps the mind sharp!

Do you have a site, or an ebay account that you sell your stuff on? I would love to possibly buy some of your stuff. Especially love the chopper. Very nice work there my friend.

Thanks Maverickmk, I have several websites, but you guys see the best stuff right here.
Just PM me about what you are interested in.
SkyRiverRanch.com
SkyKingGroup.com
BoneheadCustomz.com
As well as some t-shirts on Cafe Press.
Plus I do some booths at car shows, and art shows, and furniture shows.

Oh my goodness, if I'd just taken the time to look at your signature I would have seen the web address.
Where's the picture of the guy hitting himself on the head with a hammer? [S

I'll definitely check out your sites. Thanks.

Wow, what a show! Had a great time. Had to stay an extra day to make deliveries, and spent most of the day today unpacking, and putting stuff away. Now that the pressure is off I can show you guys some other stuff I took to the show.
ThunderHeart.jpg

shade.jpg

DeerJohn.jpg

Thanks Sam.
I still have a bunch more. I took 40 pieces to the sculpture show.
cheifsw.jpg

Also these are copper chandeliers I had to finish before the show as well.
copperchandeliers.jpg

Thanks Sam.
I still have a bunch more. I took 40 pieces to the sculpture show.
cheifsw.jpg

Also these are copper chandeliers I had to finish before the show as well.
copperchandeliers.jpg

how much are you looking to get for the chandeliers? they are a real piece of art and what are the sizes it would be awesome if that fit over a pool table.

These chandeliers are all sold. But I make them custom, and they vary in price. I have one above my pool table. They work great above bars too. They range in price from $2000, to $3500.

Latest posts

Back