Latest Garage Find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5w30

26 nash you don't see many of these!
img4405yd3.jpg

I'm told it was running when parked 40 plus years ago,the motor turns over im going to tinker with it and see if she will run!

Last edited:
A really cool rig. See if you can find a brass tag on the body stating that the body was made by the Budd Corp. I bought a '27 Chrysler 4 door that is very similar and was made for Chrysler by Budd. Just curious.

Bob

Bob,
The brass tag says (Quality Seaman Bodies) i read some were the owner of nash once worked for general motors and quit to start his own co!

I'm not a restorer, but that one would be hard to cut up IMO. It has survived in super shape all these years and looks like it wouldn't take much to clean it up and enjoy it or to sell it to someone who would restore it fully.

Another option would be a resto-mod with later drivetrain, yet sort of stock appearing outside. Would make a great family type car.

We want more pictures please. :D:D

Don

Don,
You are exactly right this car needs to stay original and get restored or i guess it could be cleaned up and maybe driven around like it is with some work! I took a few more pics when i cleaned the inside out, no treasures found!

img4421xx5.jpg

img4419fv1.jpg

img4420if0.jpg

That really is a cool looking car. I agree that it should remain stock since it's in such good shape to start with.....UNLESS you can't get it running, then all best are off...resto-rod it!

Heck, Do what you want to with it. I like preserving history as much as the next guy. I see street rods bringing more than some of the restored cars, and I know a Hot Rod is more fun. I don't know if I could bring myself to build it. probably sell it and buy another tub. Either way, great find, cool car.

I've seen people say "it takes a real man to cut one up" and all that, and generally I have no problems doing so. But when a car is so complete and so unmolested it is very tough to wipe out that kind of history. Your car is terrific looking, and so very solid.

When we went to the car show last week it was actually nice to see some of the old, restored cars there. My Son didn't know that some model T's had three pedals for example (clutch, brake, and reverse) He also didn't know why they had a spark and throttle lever on the column. So in some respects it is nice to see some cars kept correct for historical purposes.

But it is your car, and will make you a nice one regardless of what you do with it. ( except making it a DONK car with 22's on it :eek::D:D)

Don

Latest posts

Back