Learned something new.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Helo All.

I went to the swap meet today and got looking at the old 20-30's rat rods and noticed that my hugeness (aka..Fatness) will not fit in these along with my lovely (extremely lovely) girlfriend.

Soooo, Im thinking of opting for a 50's Chevy truck. Found a nice solid one for a nice price and the guy will deliver it to me.

Question??

Anyone got pics or links to a 52-53 Chevy 3100 truck??? Wanting to see wat things can be done to rat em out. Is it hard to lower em? Any advice to a new (possibly) old truck owner. RR:D

47 to 53 are basically all the same (differences in door handles, door glass, vents, turn signals and other small stuff).

Search the project section on here (and other forums) . There are several neat trucks around. Lots of different ways to build one.

Decide out what you really want and we will help you figure out how to get there.

Here's a picture of mine. A 48 flatbed on a S-10 frame.

HPIM0248.jpg

a 47 for a friend. mustangII suspension, 4" chop on air bags

Attachments

• r3:4truck.jpg
    r3:4truck.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 46
  • img_sidetruck.jpg
    img_sidetruck.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 42
I have the same problem rodney. My shirts come with wide load sign on the back :D. Here is a pic of my 51

Attachments

• r&rsunday (13).jpg
    r&rsunday (13).jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 18
  • r&rsunday (23).jpg
    r&rsunday (23).jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 32
  • r&rsunday (29).jpg
    r&rsunday (29).jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 25
yo Tiny .......

I love that truck of yours i have to know all about it i wanna build one close to the likeness of yours that is an awsome truck.... oh ya i'm 6'4 and 340pds... but dont mind sacraficing comfort for Koolness!!!!

Fenders are usually required if you run a s10 frame because of the ugly suspension. Endless possibilities if you wanna build your own frame. I would say look for Tiny's build and DMW56s build threads. Good luck and post pics when you get your new project home.

I agree with Perx. Both of those trucks are extremely well built and you can learn alot from the build threads. They both proved what can be done with what some consider to be the later cab styles. Both Chevy & Ford.

Thunder

I love that truck of yours i have to know all about it i wanna build one close to the likeness of yours that is an awsome truck.... oh ya i'm 6'4 and 340pds... but dont mind sacraficing comfort for Koolness!!!!

Thank you for the kind words BigShem :)

Me and my wife got to meet "Tiny" and his wife awhile back..(great People)..

Tiny took me for a ride in his hot little truck and he didn't have any problems gettin in or out of it. Top knotch craftmanship went in to that build...

I GARAUNTEEE U DAT :D

Can I throw a suggestion out there?

If you are not weld/modification savvy, then I would clearly stay away from any trucks with the I-beam set up. I always wanted a later Chevy C10 and opted for an available bumpside F100 (I have a 68 F100) that had the I-beams. You are really limited to the options unless you are a decent welder and have the know-how. I know, I know.... "you shoulda got a Chevy!", but this was available at the time and I would do it all over again considering how you don't see many of these SWB F100's around anymore. Oh, and by the way... If you get something along the lines of what I have, I have no trouble whatsoever getting in and out being that I am 6' and 280lbs. Good luck!

Thanks for the input guys.

I am 6ft and weigh about 340lbs, so I dont fit well in much. LOL

I got my 52 Chevy truck. Got a few ideas in mind and will let you know wat routte I go. Thanks for all the help. RR:D

You can check out the build thread for my wife's 47 in my sig. And do check out Flippers seat build. Looks are decieving. That seat is really comfortable.

Attachments

• kdk_0085 (Medium).jpg
    kdk_0085 (Medium).jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
WOW!

Very kool looking rides you guys have. Wish I had half yer talent. I got a lot of ideas from looking at those. Thanks, RR

Latest posts

Back