Leather hood strap

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custom cabby

I havent done a search but was wondering what everyone has done and where they have gotten their leather hood straps. i thought about getting some leather belts and letting them weather outside and then bolting the hardware to the fender and hood but didnt know if anyone has attempted this.

I didn't click the link yet. I'll check it in a bit. For now I'll tell you what I did. I used model T belt kits and modified them to suit my needs. The belts I used are thick and reinforced and therefore will hold up to weather and will not stretch. I went with black which most folks don't do but I thought it would be better for the look of my car. The downside is that they were not cheap. Restoration Supply Company sells all of the propper hardware individually (see link) and you can use whatever belts you choose. I have seen it done all kinds of ways. I've even seen some peopled just rivet or bolt right through the leather belts.

http://www.restorationstuff.com/

Here's mine so you can see the hardware.....................................

If you need some weathered leather pm me. We have lots of old, old harness around, might be able to scrounge up something. If you every get time find the Miller-Offy site and see the cool way he bent up springs to go on the leather straps of those old race cars.

Latest posts

Back