Liking this trend towards trucks...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnum

I've almost never been a car guy... I bought my 1st collector car ( a 1938 Nash Lafayette ) a couple years ago... & I have to think really hard, but it's been like 30 years since I drove a car as a daily driver...

since I'm newer to the classic car / hot rod scene, I'm not in a position to call this a "new" trend to build an old truck, but I know 3-4 veteran vintage car builders, ( some have 8-10 completed cars ), that are just starting, or just completed their 1st truck builds...

I just started a 46 Studebaker M-5 Roadster build a couple months ago ( my 1st frame off build )

so is this a recient trend ???

are you all car guys, or truck guys ???

lower

l like both, have both, drive both, just like'm low:D

search on the H A M B, they have a lot of knowledge there, just don't ever mention rat rods, if it's old and rusty call it traditional or they will flame you off the board. not a slam on there site, just the way it's run so we should respect there site.

Later :cool:

Last edited:
I am sure all of us here like anything with motors and wheels pretty much equally. You see so many truck cabs here because they are easier to find and easier to build than a full size car body. You have the option for duals as well.

Yeah, it's just a matter of ease like earthman said.
I like everything as long as it's not absolutely repuckulous lookin

Well I doubt I'll ever sell my Nash... I've always liked those suicide door humped back sedans... I think it has classic lines... & I love driving this car... My Studie, I guess I'm making it more "car like" by turning it into a roadster, but I'll still have a 5-6' box in the back ( though once I put the Red Cedar in the bed, I won't be just tossing junk back there )

Attachments

• 38 nash June 10th 2.JPG
    38 nash June 10th 2.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, I think its just cause truck cabs are easy to find and much cheaper to buy..Hard to find a good solid Tudor body for $200-300 bucks:D

I've had my share of muscle cars,mostly in the 80's and 90's, but I just really have no use for a car..Plus its more fun to spank a mustang or corvette with an old pickup:D[ddd

I like trucks, but really anything with wheels. Trucks have always been tops on my own list. I have built everything from monster trucks, ( 66 inch tires), to my rat which sits about 4 inches off the ground.

BONE... even though I'm new to this scene... we must have a bit in common...

I don't have any of my old competition Jeep pics in digital... but this is some of the stuff I played with before I bought my Nash, & moved towards vintage cars & trucks...

BTW... those are 37" rice & cane tires on the red ATV, & 35" race cut Boggers on the red Mule

Attachments

• ready for the show & ready to go to the 2005 Nats.JPG
    ready for the show & ready to go to the 2005 Nats.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 012 small & edited.JPG
    Picture 012 small & edited.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 16
  • clean (Small).JPG
    clean (Small).JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back