Liquid metal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannaby

So my project has a bunch of small pinholes along the side of the roof dont whant to weld and patch it was gonna use short strand fiberglass then thought about mayby using liquid metal and just dobbing the pinholes and some sanding.....any thoughts.Den

What exactly is "liquid metal"?
I've used lead free body solder from Eastwood and I LOVE it!
I'm not sure how well it would work to cover holes, but you control the viscosity of it with your heat. It got about as soft as the middle of a stick of half melted butter, so if the holes are just pinholes, it would probably work pretty well. Only problem is the metal has to be COMPLETLY bare and clean.
SO, if you have pinholes, sanding or grinding to clean metal might not work too well.

go ahead and use it.
it worked great for the same thing on my willys.
work fast and use a putty knife to smooth it out.

Two products come to mind. I used them both. Having lived in Fla, I know what you are up against. #1- All metal. #2- Aluma lead. Both work like bondo, but be forewarned They work extremely fast, as they set up quick. Sand them down, just like bondo. I was told that after the All metal sets up, you can drill and tap it. I know the Aluma lead can't be tapped. Any auto paint shop should handle them. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back