Little Pages

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjinx

Was going through my many boxes of car mags and came across these. If I remember correctly my exwife picked them up at a garage sale back in the early '80. The Car Craft cover car belonged to a Harvey Bott who lived in San Antonio, hence the Alamo in the back ground, the article also says he was a member of the "Honkers" car club. Little piece of rodding history.

Also the second edition of CARtoons in little page format from same garage sale.

Attachments

• Little Pages #2 001.jpg
    Little Pages #2 001.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Little pages 001.jpg
    Little pages 001.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 32
  • CARtoons #2 001.jpg
    CARtoons #2 001.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 30
very cool.....[cl [cl [cl [cl

we got a few old car mags stashed in our family, too...mom never got a chance to yard sale them, like she did the old elvis and johnny cash "sun" records!:eek:

When I was a Kid in the late 50's early 60's I couldn't wait until the latest issue of some little book came out each month. They were the perfect size to hide in a Math or English book so the teacher never knew I wasn't really studying. Too bad Hugh Hefner didn't put out his book in little book size, that would have been equally popular with teen boys like me. [cl[cl:eek:
Mom was right though, I am losing my eyesight.::eek:

Don

Last edited:
Check out the 53 Car Craft cover,,,," How much to race ??? " I bet the prices to race are different now !!!!! I like looking at the prices in some of the Speed Shop ads. Crazy Man !!!

i still have the final issure of cartoons around somewhere.

wish i would have known it was the last i would have took better care of it.

old rod magazines have been my weakness since building models in the 70s. I have hundreds including 300 or so little pages including all of honk,hop up and Rod&Custom and alot more titles.

The best part was that these magazines were only 25 cents. Those little books and the latest issue of Mad Magazine were my favs. "What, Me worry?" :D

Don

Cool stuff. A friends mom was having a garage sale and he said there were some magazines I would like. I went and found these also. The ones he thought I would like were old Playboys LOL I sold them in a heartbeat and made a good profit. I've kept these. just reading them is fun to do. The technology back then is common knowledge now

HOTRODMAGS9.jpg

HOTRODMAGS2.jpg

HOTRODMAG8.jpg

Latest posts

Back