Lollipop Baffles?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

Has anyone ever tried lollipop baffles in thier zoomies? I know bikers put them in thier drag pipes to cut down the noise and increase back pressure.

I have conventional motorcycle baffles in my zoomies but its still too dang loud and gives me an earache at low rpms, cruising around town. Thinking of adding lollipop baffles either before or after these baffles.

[S

Attachments

• baffles1.jpg
    baffles1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 116
  • zoomies.jpg
    zoomies.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 85
WTF is a "lollipop baffle"?

I'll take that as a "no". Here's a couple of pics. Basically just a washer or something in the pipe that forces the gas around it, slowing it down, cutting some of the bang out of the impulses.

You can also adjust the restriction by turning them at an angle.

Attachments

• lolli 1.jpg
    lolli 1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 92
  • lolli 2.jpg
    lolli 2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 93
i have rode bikes for years and never seen any like that. i don't think it will do much, but one that is closer to the size of the inside of the pipe along with what you already have might do it.

I welded 1 1/4" washers in each tube at an angle [45 deg or so] then put a motorcycle type baffle at the end of my collector. It quieted it down a great deal and I can still pull the baffle to run "open header" if I feel that i need to.

the "lolipops" don't do anything for sound. They are dirived from the Dyno guys adding a little back pressure to a drag pipe system to make more power. Most harley guys mistakenly think straight pipes will make big power. Well they do at WOT but lose a ton evey where else.

Your baffle you have now lets the noise (sound wave) escape out the center. If you look at some baffles they are blocked off in the center and force the noise out through the baffle itself. Hard to quiet such a short pipe as there is no way of boucing the sound wave off different angles to reduce noise without reducing flow.

try adding a perferated cone to the front of the baffle.

I have tried making all sorts of baffles including the lolipop ones, also welding in staggered washers,steel wool,insulation....nothing seemed to quiet it down enough to make a noticeable difference on short pipes...I even bought the so called quiet baffles from samson ....didn't help....I ended up welding the pipes to a set of shorty headers,drilled them through so I could un cork them if I wanted and ran a full exhaust system out the back....no exhaust fumes either.

Your baffles don't do much....you have to block, deflect or restrict the sound waves and or the flow (but you lose power). these simple baffles that I made work great and are local Police approved....

weld on .......[;)

Attachments

• DSCN9741.JPG
    DSCN9741.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN9731.JPG
    DSCN9731.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back