Long time lurker, first time builder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatgreyG

Well I guess it is time to start a thread on the build the garage is full of parts, the engine is being freshened up, and frame is mocked up for welding. Here is a break down of what I have so far. It is a 1941 Chevy pickup, going to chop 7 or 8. I am going to run a full 6' bed and hood with a 38 chevy grill. I built a frame 8" z in front and 14" in the rear. Running a 355/350 and a Ford 9". I have a 1935 Ford axle with Buick drums and 42 backing plates. The dash will have the cluster from a 59 Impala and I scored some low back conducter seats from CSX. They have lumber support for this bad back of mine. It may take a few months but the goal is to have it ready by next years Beatersville here in Louisville. Will post pics of the collection of parts as soon as I figure it out.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 275
  • IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 210
  • IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMAG0195.jpg
    IMAG0195.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMAG0206.jpg
    IMAG0206.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 306
  • IMAG0209.jpg
    IMAG0209.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 284
I want to see the 7-8 chop.....wicked.

You know of course it will be very hard to see stop lights, and even hard to get in and out of but the cool factor goes way up.

Might cut in a stop light roof or sun roof what ever they call em..LOL and I have some suicide hinges that might help with the in and out if not ohhh well it is still chopped crazy

I want to see the 7-8 chop.....wicked.

You know of course it will be very hard to see stop lights, and even hard to get in and out of but the cool factor goes way up.

well no progress this weekend here. I did go to check on the motor and got to look at some old drag racing photos and trophies. It was like taking a trip to the track. [drI had no clue just how good Joe Williamson was back in the day and he is doing it again. This guy is in his 60's runnin in the 5's. I have a feeling that my motor is going to be one bad m...watch yo mouth!!!

Grill mocked up...what do you think???

Mocked grill up last night. I knocked a little of the rust off after the pictures. It looks pretty darn good, I think. I kept the rust in a small bag in case I need it for some of the new parts.:D

Attachments

• IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 157
Love the hood/grille mock up, nice proportions! the no fender no hood look is cool but I tend to like the hood/grille combos better on a lot of these old trucks. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Painted valve covers

I painted the valve covers last night. It so hot the paint was drying before it hit

Attachments

• valve covers.jpg
    valve covers.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Back