Look what followed me home...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alienbaby17

(and yeah, I'm showing off a little;))
((that is if you're impressed by junk!:rolleyes:))

Thought I'd put up a couple pictures of the results of some of the 'roadtripping' I've been doing around the MN area over the last couple weeks.

First- if you don't have the proper vehicle to haul something home in correctly...
IMG_3776.jpg

Make do with what you've got!!!:D

Don't follow too close behind this guy!!!

IMG_3780.jpg

Drove 200 miles at 70 mph from northern Wisconsin with this sitting pretty much like you see it. (There are some straps and rope also involved.)

This was after the guy I bought it from had strapped it to the roof of the Jeep. It probably would have worked as it seemed secure...but then again if it didn't it was either crashing out onto the vehicle that had the unfortunate case of being directly behind me- or probably worse yet- falling INTO the Jeep onto my head!:eek:

The cowl is from a 1930 Model A coupe.

In the last few weeks I travelled about 800 miles in my little Wrangler picking up a small collection of parts I've purchased over thelast 6 months.

Included in the list are-
1930 Model A cowl.
192? Chevrolet cowl.
19?? Internation headlights and buckets.
196? Mustang radiator.
19?? back half of open car.

Here you can see a lot of it laid out in my garage to survey.
IMG_3782.jpg

On the far right is the mighty "Chevrolopy" without doors.

Here is a closer picture of the 19? Chevy cowl with the mysterious unidentified back-half I picked up for a total of $60.

IMG_3788.jpg

I also have some mysterious doors (also unidentified) that I picked up at the Twin City Roadsters Swap meet I'm thinking of donating to this project somewhere down the road...who knows what I'll try to piece together somewhere AFTER the Chevrolopy is done.

Hat

Im glad I didnt ride along on that trip. with the top down and ANY temp below 65 I would have been complaining the whole way. :D

PU

Alien,
Post #5 in this thread appears to be a pu but I am not familiar with the origin of that blue bed! :D:D:D

ISore

Alien,
Post #5 in this thread appears to be a pu but I am not familiar with the origin of that blue bed! :D:D:D

ISore

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
That "bed" is a recycling tote courtesy of the city of Minneapolis.
You'd be surprised how many 'other' purposes they have.

As far as never having too much rusty metal...try explaining that to the fiance'.;)

Hat

Latest posts

Back