Look what the cat dragged in

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbuckrats

Just picked a nice 54 Pontiac StarChief. Runs and drives now that I tinkered with the carb, fuel pump and freed up the rear brakes. It is a really great driving car with powersteering and Hydramatic. I just love the dash...enjoy.

Attachments

• 5461draggin.JPG
    5461draggin.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 54passside.JPG
    54passside.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 54rear.JPG
    54rear.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 54dash.JPG
    54dash.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 54eight.JPG
    54eight.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 70
That is a nice find and that dash IS cool.Also like your truck a lot, very nice.

Thanks guys. I've been drivin it up and down the road all day today.There is'nt a whole lot wrong with it. The straight eight flathead runs like new. It's nice to still find these relics alive and well. She's goin on the road next week and driven daily. It's nice to have power-steering and an automatic for once. Only paid $1500 bucks too[cl

Great score!![cl Screw, one of RRR's members just sold a similar car. He could probably answer any questions you may have.....CR

Nice,i am working on a 54 pontiac pathfinder(canadian pontiac) with the original 239 flathead in it.Mine was also supposed to have the hydramatic but has the powerglide instead.Alot of the 54's got the powerglide due to a fire in the plant that supplied the hydramatics.Mine is number 13 off the line and only the second pathfinder special deluxe built that year.Very similar to a cheifton but some minor differences due to being built in canada.

Dang .... straight eights are WAY COOL. The dash is pretty sick as well.

I need to hear the eight running... any chance of a vid??

Dang .... straight eights are WAY COOL. The dash is pretty sick as well.

I need to hear the eight running... any chance of a vid??

You wouldn't hear it anyways. It is quiet as a church mouse. The previous owner put a brand new exhaust system on it. I am going to leave it like that for now.It definitely sounds different from anything I've ever had. Kinda sounds like a six with 2 extra cylinders if ya catch my drift...

Latest posts

Back