Looking for "cab forward" pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TubularFab

Ok, I'm looking for pics of at least one truck in particular. I found 2 pics of it in one of the long threads on here a while back, and would like to see other views for an idea I've been formulating. The truck has the cab in the front with what looks like one of the big, old GM V12 truck engines in the back. Has a Maryland tag. They made an angular nose to go on the front of the cab to finish it off. I am contemplating a similar build, and would like to see side views of this truck. I'm also curious as to how they're driving it - did they use a V-drive out of a boat?

I'd also like to see any other cab forward, rear engine pics for inspiration!

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure that nose was hand made; the shape doesn't really match any of the COE's I've seen plus there was no area cut out for a grill. At least that is my opinion from the one low resolution picture I have. If anyone knows who built it I'd be interested in contacting them...

I have a '46 Dodge COE, so I'm partial to the design. But on this build I'm looking at using a normal International cab from the 40's and building my own COE style nose. I'm hoping to incorporate the original international grill into it, but will fabricate the rest...

Is this it?

u4k209k5.jpg

jalopy2520showndown2520001.jpg

u2.png

u3Pat-McNeal-1942-Chevy-COE.jpg

Some info about it and the owner in this article,

http://washingtonexaminer.com/entertainment/wheels/2011/04/second-chance-engine-centerpiece-42-chevy

Yep - that's the one! And that's a few more pics I hadn't seen. Thank you for posting! Unfortunately it looks like the article is not available any more...

Also - these pics make me more certain he made the nose himself...

the nose looks factory except the grill. knew someone years ago that had a fleet of them. i still think they are ugly as sin.

I'm pretty sure that nose was hand made; the shape doesn't really match any of the COE's I've seen plus there was no area cut out for a grill.

The nose wasn't made - it is stock except for the round holes cut above the slots. Here is a pic of a stock '42 Chevy COE for reference...

721px-1942_Chevrolet_COE_Truck.jpg

Matches perfectly eh?

Yeah, I had looked up chevy pics when I found out that's what it was and see it must be original. I guess it was just the holes that made me think that. Ok, that and the fact I'm not used to seeing 1940's steel that looks that fresh and new. That, and I never noticed the Chevys were that pointed in the front.

Latest posts

Back