looking for scrap yard photo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm kinda sick but those last few posts are some beautiful gardens, would love to have some seeds.[dr

I would buy that property in a minute and build a a home I mean garage right smack in the middle:D

I would go out every few months and pick a flower to create a nice arrangement and occasionally would let friends pick some

This is a junkyard around my parts. They keep an don't crush the old stuff so we can go dig thru them [cl

Jim

IMG_1241Large.jpg

IMG_1242Large.jpg

IMG_1243Large.jpg

IMG_1244Large.jpg

IMG_1245Large.jpg

IMG_1246Large.jpg

BigT, is this something you took pics of ?
I wish I could find one of these I'm doing a 40 Pontiac Cabriole and need the wing vents and door parts [dr

Jim

Attachments

• in_oldcars007.jpg
    in_oldcars007.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 36
looking for scrapyard

Looks like a lot of parts that previosly were thought as junkers could now be saved what I am refering to is guys seem to building rear boxes using old quarted panels from junkers so at least some of the parts can be used even off old four door clunkers.....cool ...

I truely have a thing for old junkyards. In there day they were a place to put old wrecked or worn out cars and trucks to be sold for parts. Today I could spend hours looking thru them. They are works of art and if they could only talk the stories they could tell. Those places are getting hard to find. I am in Ohio and there aren't any around me any more.

car-2.jpg

I will have to dig around in my old computer to find some more. Most of these are pictures that I have collected not taken personally.

I want that one... bad.... I really want to do a tail dragger for the next build.... I dont know if I will ever find a victim for the project these bodies usually bring high dollar

i cant believe how many people have viewed [P

Rather interesting how many remember how things were way back when
Just reading a rather in depth article on this very subject in a local rodding mag (aussie mag)
Seems those who have collected the old stuff,or whos business is supplying the old stuff,are now being force to close due to strict local council laws, whinging neighbours,or morso lately the escillating land values are far out stripping the money they make selling the old stuff

Pics like those make me sad. :( Lots of those cars when taken to the yard were savable, but were considered out of style or unrepairable with the skills and tools available back then. And then the prices of scrap went through the roof and those hunks that had set in one spot for years without any interest suddenly were worth something again. You can't really blame the yard owners, they are in the game to make a buck, and make it any way they can, parts or scrap. The ones who hoard stuff with no intention of ever selling anything make me mad, too. Someday when they pass on, somebody will inherit their collection and not know the value of it, and will let some scrapper have it for nearly nothing just to get rid of the "eyesores".

The folks that don't love vehicles like we do, I just don't understand them. To them, a vehicle is just a way to get from point "A" to point "B". To us, it's art, a way of life, inspiration. Much more style and art in old vehicles than the belly buttons of today.....

I want that one... bad.... I really want to do a tail dragger for the next build.... I dont know if I will ever find a victim for the project these bodies usually bring high dollar

I still want that one! 1935 pontiac 3 window... the poster never chimed back in to tell us where the stash was... bummer

39flatback any of those "projects" for sale??? Where is that?

This is the place I got my Suburban from, it's near Picton Ontario. I took these a couple of years ago. The owner has all these on his farm and I see an ad that I think is the same place. It's a 47 Chevy sedan delivery.

Here's the link.... http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-chevy-sedan-delivery-W0QQAdIdZ354751767

This delivery looks pretty rusty, there was another 47 delivery when I was there that was really solid and did run.
Decent guy to deal with but I don't know if any of the others are for sale, I think he is selling some projects that he knows he will never get to....but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Here are some more photos from there...

1040.jpg

1052.jpg

1054.jpg

1055.jpg

This is the place I got my Suburban from, it's near Picton Ontario. I took these a couple of years ago. The owner has all these on his farm and I see an ad that I think is the same place. It's a 47 Chevy sedan delivery.

Here's the link.... http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-chevy-sedan-delivery-W0QQAdIdZ354751767

This delivery looks pretty rusty, there was another 47 delivery when I was there that was really solid and did run.
Decent guy to deal with but I don't know if any of the others are for sale, I think he is selling some projects that he knows he will never get to....but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Here are some more photos from there...

1040.jpg

1052.jpg

1054.jpg

1055.jpg

Hey flatback, is this the place?

www.roblins.net

Or was that @ a place called Minnaker's? I've been to both places... They keep threatening to crush, but...[S

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back