Lost my dog last night

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I am sure missing my little buddy , she's the first one I have lost as an adult and I think it is even harder now that I am older. My 41st birthday is tomorrow and I just hate the thought of not sharing it with her. I appreciate all the responses sharing stories of your furry friends also. They are called man's best friend for a reason, I almost hate to be home because she was part of everything here. I am so glad to be a part of this forum, you guys are great. My sister payed for me to cremate my Bitsy as I can't afford it and our ground is too frozen to dig a grave. I didn't even have to ask her to help she is a pet person also and that has meant alot to me. Thanks again and my sympathies to all else who have went through this also. Thanks again

It looks like we can all feel your pain. I lost my little chihuahua a couple years ago, too. I still get teary eyed thinking about the little furball.
Also lost a hamster a few days ago. Not as attached to it as my doggies, but still sad.:(

genderidentitycrisis.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. She was my little princess and always will be. You guys are great , thanks for the replies and compassion. I would never have posted this on any other site I visit and from your responses I know why I posted it here. Merry Christmas to all of you.

My sister payed to have her cremated and we got her ashes today. It feels like I will never get over her and I kind of don't want to get over her. She was the sweetest most loving animal I have ever had. I am glad my big dog is healthy and he is being a little more of an inside dog and more affectionate which helps some. Thanks for the support you guys are great. Merry Christmas!

Really sorry to hear of your loss, I feel for ya. My lil Chihuahua - Ren - of Ren and Stempy, is going on 15 yrs. now and one of the best little dogs I've ever had - Again, sorry for your loss and never forget her.

Most of us on here are blessed by being pet lovers. I say blessed because folks who don't understand our attachment to them are really missing out on a special bond. My Vet summed it up one time, he said "there are pet owners and pet lovers, people who cry when their beloved pets pass on are in that second catagory."

I'm not ashamed to say I cried like a baby when Scooter my cat of 17 years had to be put to sleep, and I did the same when I had to make that same horrible decision when Sniffy, also 17, got so sick the same had to be done. To this day I can't look at a picture of them without tearing up.....as I am now.

You are among people who share your hurt when these things happen and I know I got a lot of comfort when I came on here and posted about my two buddies leaving me. The comments from good friends and fellow pet lovers on here really meant a lot at that bad time in my life.

We understand 42, we understand.:( When the time is appropriate go to a shelter and save another little life and give it a great home like you did this one.

Don

Its weird how sometimes a critter will pick just you. I'm a dog guy really, have had the best 'relationships' of my life with a couple, but I had a Cat adopt me a few years ago. Black Tom (name and description)-- grouch old dog of a cat--hated children--MEAN to em, just tolerated my wife--wouldn't hardly let her pet him, but he and I were Buds! He'd want his ears scratched a little every night, but not too much, then he'd sit on the window sill behind my chair, or on the table beside me, and make cat noises at anyone who came around us. We were kindred spirits--He got me N I got him--weird--comfortable relationship.

He had a stroke last year when I was out of town on business, and the wife had the vet put him down. Never had anyone-critter or person -just 'get' me like BT--Miss my Cat..

Things like that are important to us all.

PA41

That is how my little dog was to me . I was holding her when she went last Sunday morning. She just got me like the cat you described, I have never been closer to an animal than her. I am an animal lover by heart but this one was special. Thank you guys for all the support and replies it's nice to know there are other men who can relate and who can express thier feelings. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sorry for your loss! I know how you feel. I'm an animal lover from way back and I've lost my share. It never gets any easier. Hang in there.......CR

Latest posts

Back