Louie from Iowa

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louie

Hello all,

Names Blake but friends call me Louie (I've had many nicknames, but Louie's my favorite) and I live in Iowa. My favorite jokes are farts. Yep, farts. Not a story about someone farting, the act of farting. The reaction people give towards a fart is, in my mind, absolutely hysterical...Good times.

For the short time I've been a member of RRR, it has been inspirational, exciting, motivating and very informative. I've owned a 1951 IHC for many years and I have finally pulled it home to start my build. It took me nearly 7 years to figure out what I wanted to do with it until I bought my second IHC. The second one runs very well so it made it easy to decide what to do with the first... Have Fun. Though I spend more time researching, and racking my brain on how I want to proceed, I still very much enjoy the little time I spend tearing down the old and prepping for the, relatively, new.

So the idea is to build a chopped, dropped rat rod on a C20 chassis, with a SBC and a 700R4. I'm looking for economy. I want to take my wife on road trips all over the country (it's the only way to get me out of the house, I don't like travelling), so it needs to be comfortable too.

I have no idea where I will go with this project, other than the above and that it will run on bags. I know I'll need to channel the bed, maybe 'z' the frame and flare the front fenders.

Thanks again for the unintentional support.

Nothing too exciting, but, enjoy some photos.

IHC_Concept_Chop_Before.jpg

Attachments

• IHC_Concept_Chop_After.jpg
    IHC_Concept_Chop_After.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 20
  • field 51 IHC.jpg
    field 51 IHC.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Beautiful.jpg
    Beautiful.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 22
  • photo  11 (2).jpg