Lower control arms too low with dro spindles?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt's37Buick

I'm wondering if drop spindles will make my lower control arm too low. The 2" drop spindles will make control arms 3.25" off the pavement.
The rest of the clearances would be reasonable.
Have any of you had problems hitting this type of clearance on a daily driver?
Thanks

As long as you don't run over anything and it's above scrub line, it would be OK I guess? You'd always have to keep it in mind - like running off the shoulder of a road with a 3-1/2" drop off and pot holes. Since it's so close to the wheel, it probably would never be an issue. Probably.

You can run bigger rims to compensate.lol
donk2.jpg

Thanks for the info.
Someone else pointed out a flat tire. Never thought about a flat. My tires are low profile (50 series) so that should help. Will check it out.
I might be able to lower with lowering springs instead.
Thanks

my 90 C1500 has drop spindles, drop springs and dropped a arms up front. The lower shock eye is basically bashed to the back of the a arm as it has pounded many a bump in the road. also my oil pan hangs 1" below my cross member :eek:
It has been pounded a couple of times as well. I am thinking of cutting the bucket off the a arm and lifting it up an inch effectively lifting the truck 2"

Having a flat is what scrub line is about. Draw a line from the bottom of one rim to the bottom of the other tire(s). Nothing should be below that line or it will hit.

Some say from rim to rim, but I really don't think I'll ever have 2 flat front tires at the same moment.

Latest posts

Back