Made 6500 mile trip in my 1956 Chevy Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willy knight

I was able to cross another thing off my Bucket List.I drove my 1956 Chevy Hot Rod across a large part of the country.
I started in Detroit Michigan on the Hot Rod Magazine POWER TOUR and it ended in Dallas Texas.That is where this picture was taken by Hot Rod of all the Long Haulers which is all the people that made the whole trip.Then I went back to Oklahoma City Oklahoma and got on ROUTE 66 and took it to the West Coast and followed the Pacific Coast Highways 1 and 101 to Seattle Washhington and then took route 90 back to Ohio.
What a fantastic trip.It was even more fun than I could have ever imagined.The people along the way were so nice to me.The car made a world of difference and attracted the nicest people.Even when I came to the check point entering California they Just said nice car,Have a nice day and sent me through.
I did not meet one bad person and had a lot of nice conversations with people along the way that the car brought back fond memories for them.
This was supposed to be a one time deal but I sure would like to do this again.I should have taken the 400 horse engine out to save gas but still was getting 15 MPG with the 2:73 gears I put in.I drag race the car and do a lot of cruise nights and smoky burnout contests with it.I won the smokey burnout contest last year at the Rebel Run in Lima Ohio.When I figure out how I will post the video.I held it at 7000 RPM for 1.5 minutes.

Attachments

• hrdp-1206w-long-haulers-pictures-with-tour-bus-8938.jpg
    hrdp-1206w-long-haulers-pictures-with-tour-bus-8938.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 70
wow that is awesome I'm sure it was a blast and also a proud moment for you to see your hot rod and your hard work pay off with a solid long haul ride[cl

Those are an experience, glad you got to do all that.
The 56 is the tri 5 I like. This is the wife's car

Attachments

• 56 Chevy 08 Power Tour.jpg
    56 Chevy 08 Power Tour.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 23
Thanks

Thanks everyone.It is nice to have the support of a site like this for all us average rodders.There is a lot of support for the show car -Barrett Jackson type cars but not a lot for us with the nastalgic type of cars.I do appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back