Making a bike to match my car for shows

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcdanl

Its not going to be a motorcycle now but im thinking i might eventually make it motorized when i get the money. Ive seen kits for it. Anyways i went and bought a bike from a pawn shop for 20 bucks, cut it up to get the parts that i needed from it. And im making my own frame. I want it as low and as long as i can get it. Im gonna paint it to match my car so i can take it to shows with my car. Eventually i plan on getting a kit to put a motor on it from joneszen.com. But for now it's just going to be a bicycle. Well here's some pictures of the progress...
DSCN1422.jpg

My friend frank holding the bike for me. He looks high.

DSCN1423.jpg

DSCN1429.jpg

Me getting the feel for how its gonna ride. The bars are definitely going. Gonna make some drag bars

DSCN1431.jpg

lol well the bars im making aren't going to be anywhere near that low. so it will be alot better than it looks now. and yes its going to be a pedal bike.... for now. until i get money. and obviously i dont have a seat yet. so that will help. and its basically just for show. and for the hell of it. just a fun project.

Are you going to put the seat right where you are sitting or going to raise it some? If you put them where you are sitting, then id put the pedals almost all the way forward on the frame. Or just flip the handle bars over, and then put the pedals right where your feet are in the pic. So are you going to tow it behind the rat?

im going to put the pedals pretty much all the way at the front and im making drag bars. that just come straight out, instead of going up or hanging down. and im putting the seat as low as i can get it. so probably right where im sitting. and idk how im going to bring the bike lol. i might find a way to mount it on the back of the car with latches or something. haven't thought that far yet lol

finished

i got the bike done today. yes its rideable lol. you just can't take sharp turns or it scrapes the bottom. Im gonna paint it green and black to match my car and maybe do a spider web design inside the frame. Here's some pictures.
DSCN1432.jpg

DSCN1434.jpg

DSCN1439.jpg

DSCN1442.jpg

DSCN1443.jpg

Hey if you get to the point where you want to put a motor on it, that frame you built is perfect for a go-cart motor. Those 50cc "whizzer" kits are pretty underpowered and sound like a weed wacker.

This is another way to go, I built it a while back - just weld on a motor plate and a couple minor mods and you got a 3-5hp bike that will do 40 mph! Can prob pick up an old go-kart, roto-tiller or edger motor for $50. Anyway just another route to motorize it....

Attachments

• CIMG1969.jpg
    CIMG1969.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 44
  • CIMG1974.jpg
    CIMG1974.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 26
  • CIMG1970.jpg
    CIMG1970.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 22
:D Watch your pant legs in that chain !!! lol Awesum looking bike. Keep up with the pics. Can't wait to see it with a motor.....CR:eek:

kool bike

bet i know the paint theme,,, gunna put white walls on it?.. you need a titanium block under the frame for some "draggin sparks "too!,,
think bout makin it electric with an old starter and battery, ive done it years ago for my son,,,works good,,i just welded a narrow rim to the back rim (both 20 inch) and used it as a belt pulley,,, sawed the nose off and also removed the solinoid,,a (chevy starter) and mounted a pulley,used a ford solinoid for a relay and a push button on the handle bars to engage it.. super low ratio worked great with the starter motors torque and rpm,,,,,,,,, zoooooooooooooooooooooooooommmm
anyone remember playing cards and cloths pins against the spokes for kool sounds???? o hell I AM old! lol

Old SKool Ray

thanks guys... and that sounds like a good idea with the starter. i will keep that in mind. how did you get a belt the exact size. and i remember using the playing card to make noises. but im not old lol.

thanks guys... and that sounds like a good idea with the starter. i will keep that in mind. how did you get a belt the exact size. and i remember using the playing card to make noises. but im not old lol.

Check out this site for v-belts of any size. They have a link on there that tells you how to measure for what size you need. I'd just build it with an adjustable idler pulley, measure and order belt.

http://www.bestorq.com/

Finished!

Here it is finished. Maybe eventually get white walls or somethin. But for now its finished. Here's some pics of it with my car
DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1495.jpg

DSCN1497.jpg

DSCN1498.jpg

DSCN1502.jpg

Latest posts

Back