Making of a 26 T Up Nort

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floor is ready.
floorbpaint.jpg

Fresh Primer on the floor
floorafter.jpg

Now to put the steering column back in and start wiring.

Decided to make the box from the sheet metal I still have. Pics to follow.

I am making the box manually with no brake for the bends. I figure the dents from pounding the bends will add that Lil character. Welding the tubes and making the tailgate all by hand, Sides in place.
SuperiorVillage-20110202-00165.jpg

Tailgate bent and top tailgate tube tacked.
Superior-20110202-00166.jpg

Nice work! Looking forward to seeing how your bed turns out so keep the pictures coming. What are you going to use for the bed topper? What about the bed rails...welding tubing to the top of the side panels?

Keep up the good work![cl

I'm starting to gather parts for a '27 T pickup and getting some really good ideas from you and blacksheep. Mine won't be built in a week like you guys though....yeah, I'm old and slow....but someday!

Stake pockets ready for one side, now for the top tube. Tailgate is ready for hinge mounting.
I know I was going to go with a wood flatbed but had some 16ga that was begging to be used.

T106.jpg

I have been laid off for 10 months now, This build I started in Sept has help keep my mind from going bonkers. I bought the body in June, Built a trailer also to haul it home from My brothers shop where we welded the frame and did the initial setup.
I use to work for a major Bucket Truck company where I trained mechanics on repair and operators on operation and did tech support and traveled to assist with major repairs.

Last edited:
Thinking of this for the door
Garage1.png

One more bend and some trimming and 2 tubes to go.
Bucket1.jpg

Floor in the Bed. Remounted the gas tank forward and lower. And all of the bends are using 2 heavy angles, the back cross frame and a dead blow hammer.
Bucket2.jpg

Nice work on the bed. I always admire guys making stuff with a minimum of tools and equipment.
Do you think you might make it to Back to the 50's?

That has given me good ideas for making my bed now!

What master cylinder did you use? I blagged some metric thing for mine, but I guess using the right part would be better.

Shortened my windshield supports, note one long one short.
IMG-20110217-00200.jpg

Both done
IMG-20110217-00202.jpg

Dash work
Superior-20110208-00188.jpg

Electronic speedometer.
IMG-20110211-00189.jpg

I got my master cyl from Ron at RPM.

Hope to make it to Back to the Fiftys in the citys

I would hope a 5.3 LS engine (327) should make it go at least 35 mph!!

Latest posts

Back