manual tranny help!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allsailseven

so i've always messed with TH350's. but its time for a change. mine is starting to go and i want to put a manual in its place behind a sbc with a mild cam but i plan on making it a 383. the problem is i have no idea what im doing when it comes to anything manual. i know all i need is the right bell housing and almost anything will work. i dont want to get a trans and then have my rat drive like a tractor. what should i look for just to hot rod around town and the occasional trip to nashville (45 min on the freeway) i dont want just a street machine. thanks for your help.
-joe

The easiest may be a newer style. You get an overdrive, hydraulic clutch, but the older stuff may be cheaper.Going from manual to auto is a lot easier than auto to manual.

The t5 would be the way to go ! Not sure how much room you have too play with but the camaro's the shifter sits way back on the tail shaft (and newer s-10) the older s-10 t5 is more of a top loader style ... Both will work great !

T5s are in alot of 3rd Gen Camaros and Firebirds ( 82-92 ). Find a donor car for dirt cheap, get what ya need and part the rest. I've seen 93-98 w/ 6 speeds for around 1500 beat to **** but still have everything needed for a swap. Just a thought ...........

Latest posts

Back