maybe a honey of a find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat truck 41

i was cutting through a ruff neighborhood because of construction traffic and i come to a stop sign and look over to my right and thier i see a 30 ish model a fram w/ drive train and wire wheels so i swing in and knock on the door and no answer so i hit the work truck up for a pcs of paper and leave my # .....this guy calls me after 2 weeks of nothing and he is mubbling on the phone all i could make out was frame and vacation .....well he said it was for sale for 150.00 i say na thats high he said how much i went with the old ill give ya 50.00 i really only need the rails he agrees and says hey i know an old women from a few years ago that has a 30 or 31 tudor with no frame about 20 minutes away do ya wanna go over and see if she still has it she told him it was for sale so fingers crossed i hope i step in some @#!$ on sat:eek:

Wow. great score. I'm always stopping to talk to people or leave notes like that. My wife thinks its crazy:rolleyes:

Never hurts to ask. A co-worker got a running, driving 54' Belair for $150. Saw it in a bad neighborhood, sitting along side a house.

Sweet!

It that pans out... I'd say it was definitely meant 2 b!!! Sweet! The rat gods really come through sometimes!!!

BoB

i got the frame today ....going tomarrow to see the women with the old a's and from what i here she hasa ton of parts but we will see ill take a camera with me :D

well i didnt get to the womens house yet with the model a's the guy taking me had a late dr opp .......BUT I WENT ON EBAY AND BOUGHT THIS A 31 CHEVY i paid a bit for it but its worth it you guy's know how crazy things havin gottin lately with the price's .......lets hope when it rains it poors

Attachments

• 0848_12.jpg
    0848_12.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 1e83_12.jpg
    1e83_12.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1025_12.jpg
    1025_12.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 6870_12.jpg
    6870_12.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 29
i made to the womens house she had us come in for drinks and sit down and take a load off ....WOW did she have stories and buisness cards out the wazzoo ....any way she sold all but one and her grandson was going to get it when she dies she is around 75 or so and she said she would check with the outher members of the car club ......i imagine if they knew i would chop it slam it and make it everything but original they wouldnt even bother helping me out BUT we will see what happens ......oh also her and the husband that passed used to own a auto shop and she still operates it with outher family members any way she had a 2 car garage full of model a stuff and a shop not to far a away with more stuff

Latest posts

Back