Mecum's Auction Glendale

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
Going to a week long car show. Who knows what I'll go home with.
IMG_20240306_071209012.jpg
IMG_20240306_122701955.jpg
IMG_20240306_123803316.jpg
IMG_20240306_100156683_HDR.jpg

Maybe I'm too suspicious but I would not buy a car for big bucks without driving it and getting it up in the air for a good inspection. There's a couple rich guys that come to our Thursday hot rodder gatherings. They have bought expensive cars at the auctions. Invariably, they find lots of costly problems. But still they go back and try again.

Maybe I'm too suspicious but I would not buy a car for big bucks without driving it and getting it up in the air for a good inspection. There's a couple rich guys that come to our Thursday hot rodder gatherings. They have bought expensive cars at the auctions. Invariably, they find lots of costly problems. But still they go back and try again.
Yup I've seen some car go for big bucks and you look at them closely and they got problems.
I just bought that 84 wagon for cheap and I can't see anything wrong with it. Just got to know what your looking at.

Don, you didn't by chance see what the two 82 Corvette Collectors Editions sold for did you? I was hoping to see one or both cross the block but missed both. Mecum hasn't posted any prices yet on their website. One of them is very close to our car, it has 56,000 miles, ours has 60,000 on it. Just curious what it brought...

Latest posts

Back