Metric System, Lost secrets of the ancients

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchmann, you even highjack your own threads! :D

...but, since your on the subject of time.... how does this work out with the second law of thermodynamics and the idea that everything goes from order to chaos as 'time' progresses? I'll admit, I just skimmed through your post.

Torchmann, you even highjack your own threads! :D

...but, since your on the subject of time.... how does this work out with the second law of thermodynamics and the idea that everything goes from order to chaos as 'time' progresses? I'll admit, I just skimmed through your post.

time progresses, it just doesn't exist lol
Time doesn't progress (in my model) time is a constant. things still progress. you can still remember what they were, map that memory and call it the past. take a look around and call it the present or the now... and using your imagination, project an image in your mind what you calculate the future will be.
You can do anything in your mind, the rules are different in imagination land.
What I'm saying is you can be in the past, be in the present, and be in the future in your mind... but in your body you can only be present in the now.
Just cuz we can experience the past and future in our minds doesn't mean that the past and future must really exist. In your head...Your in the matrix Neo

It might SEEM that i've hijacked my own thread (lol good one) but ...
Lets go back to the Babylonian geometry where you have a circle divided into 360 segments... that's a clock. it's just a circle but in our minds we accept it as a measure of time so... one man's idea of "how long" is relative to another...even so something you did yesterday has an accurate comparison to how you did it today.
I cannot prove that time does not exist all I can show is that a clock measures how many times something repeats itself but doesn't have a magical connection to imagination land other than through our minds.

People like to say look at the Michaelson Morely experiments where they put atomic clocks on planes and left one on the ground. they started out in syc but after the flight they were off and not just by any amount. they were off by an amount predicted by Einstein's relativity where he puts forth the theory that time slows down as you approach the speed of light. People said Look see the clocks... see the experiment...this proves relativity and proves that speed slows time.
Well ... as long as I have my assumption buster out...
I contend that the experiment does not prove that speed slows down time... I propose that speed slows down a clock.
people just naturally assume a clock IS time

why is this important in my model?
Read this: http://www.enterprisemission.com/Von_Braun.htm
and this: http://www.enterprisemission.com/Von_Braun2.htm
\and this: http://sfgirl-thealiennextdoor.blogspot.com/2011/04/bruce-depalma-and-spinning-fields.html
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGZUoYGWS5M
Watch this about Lifters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF8otSSPgdA
Watch this about torsion field physics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XXKLy_2fFM
Watch about the Nazi Bell experiment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8xN8zi9w_s&feature=related
MOST IMPORTANT you must see this we are all in great danger!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

Just for fun... flying saucers... Old Ones! http://www.youtube.com
/watch?v=NClj4XxkUMg&feature=related
aircraftid.jpeg

Last edited:
NOW ... I have hi-jacked my own thread... lets see...where the hell was I....

If you think the connections between the old way of measuring things is far out this will blow your mind...

Secrets of the Hebrew Letters: http://www.meru.org/Press/Atlantisrising.html

Torsion Waves By Patrick Quanten MD :http://freespace.virgin.net/ahcare.qua/literature/science/torsionwaves.html

but back to the topic... Measurements are not always what we think they are, time doesn't really exist, motion doesn't slow time it slows clocks.
How could accelerating a clock slow it down if it is not because of time?
Torsion Physics.
We are taught in school that Mass and Inertia are interchangeable in the equations. we don't know why. we know gravitational acceleration acts just like any other acceleration. so when you accelerate an object it builds inertia... inertia and mass are interchangeable the difference is this... we are told Inertia increases the mass of an object only on paper, not in actuality. The object still weighs the same. When it's moving faster it crashes into something else as if it were heavier and the ratio is equal to gravitational acceleration.

There is mystery surrounding the duplex of logic that inertia and mass are the same on paper and in math... but not really, because the effect of gravity upon the object is not changed by changing it's inertia.

I propose that inertia and mass are not just mathematically interchangeable but are in fact the same thing.
The rule that the weight of an object doesn't change when you speed it up on a path remains true... if you are accelerating the mass in the direction of the travel...
But what happens if... you accelerate the mass by rotating it along it's axis of travel?
It does in fact exhibit a different reaction to "gravity" than simply sending on a path.

The difference is this: Inertia created along the line of travel is invisible to gravity, while inertia created around an axis in a circular motion retards, enhances, pushes against or couples somehow with gravity.
Think of a top. On earth It seeks to align it's axis of rotation in the direction of the gravitational acceleration. any divergence creates force which returns it to it's alignment. but in space removed from earth's gravity it acts differently.

There is a mystery here to be solved.
Setting Time as a constant of "now" requires that I make the ultimate speed that light wants to travel equal to instantaneous.
I allow for the conventional observed speed of light by adhering to Nicola Tesla's theory that light travelling through space is not bent by the gravity of a planet or a star but is bent by space itself.
I added to and built on Tesla's theory that not only does space impede light it does so, much more than just a little. in fact enough to slow light from the speed of instantaneous travel down to 186miles per second.
Originally thinking conventionally... I used the word infinite but I realised infinite is an unknown value and instant is a known value, It is NOW.
You cannot have a constant that is unknown so I changed my theory to use the word instant where one would use the word infinite.

The theory doesn't prove anything new...I don't think it even makes revolutionary discoveries. But what it does do... it unlocks the mind by rearranging existing science in such a way that it removes the assumptions from conventional models demanding the scientist stop, think, and make a discovery.
This is the promise of differential modelling.

How does any of this relate to rodding? Flying saucers are said to be very old... and as cool as it gets and I friggin want to build one so damn bad I can taste it. I can see them in my head and I'm in this process of back engineering them through my imagination and visualization remore viewing and study and experiment. I can see it is possible, the science exists...the know-how escapes me.
I'm probably going to need to master some sheetmetal skills lol

Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity, it is turtles all the way down.

(apologies to Russell and Sagan)

Sorry Torchman, I was being a bit of a smart ass taking Bertram Russel's version of Occam's razor and adding it to a much used anecdote about dodging a trap in logic. No insult intended. Just having some fun. ;)

Sorry Torchman, I was being a bit of a smart ass taking Bertram Russel's version of Occam's razor and adding it to a much used anecdote about dodging a trap in logic. No insult intended. Just having some fun. ;)

Busted drum I was just not understanding the turtles all the way down part.. I was reflecting back to my childhood and this strange boy that liked turtles and I could see him stuffing them all the way down in his pants to get them in school so just looking for a little clarification on that one
BTW you have google juice! I googled "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity, it is turtles all the way down" and your post came up 2nd from the top!!!!

I don't know nothing bout no occham but i do know the simplest ideer is prolly the one that fits. nah just messing I know Occam :D

found it!!!!

Stephen Hawking begins A Brief History of Time by recounting the famous anecdote of an old woman who interrupted a scientist's lecture (Hawking suggests it was Bertrand Russell but most versions say William James) with the words:

"The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"

That memorable phrase – turtles all the way down – is often used as shorthand to refer to the problem of infinite regression that the cosmological argument raises. To postulate God as the solution to this regression is generally unsatisfactory and feels like special pleading. An argument which begins with the premise that every event is caused or moved by something else, ends with the assertion of an uncaused, unmoved entity. Of course, God is by definition a special case, but only a believer would be willing to accept such a leap. The cosmological argument may well identify a key problem (where and how did it all start?) but the argument's solution to that problem is not at all convincing.

I've no head for details like you T-Man. I just try to fit bits and pieces together to get a basic big picture. Let me present my bits and pieces for your consideration. It starts with the Egyptian symbol for infinity,the figure 8 lying on its side. To me this is a cross section of a toroid. In a book written by a woman who spent time living with the aborigines she describes an out of body experience where she observed the universe from a great distance. It was a toroid. A donut shape spiraling into a black hole in the center and of course spiraling out from the center on the other side.This never ending process to me is what the Mayan symbol of a snake eating it's tail describes. They tell us the universe is expanding and it started with a big bang. If it is a spiraling toroid then it is a never ending big bang, actually a big banging. :rolleyes: Now they are saying the expansion is slowing down. This to me indicates we are approaching the apex, like an arrow shot straight up.The balance point between expansion and contraction.

I get my bits and pieces where i find them and the Bible has a few. It states the devil will be bound for a thousand years and then freed again. This never made any sense. But what if the devil is a symbol for the forces of nature that will be suspended while we hover at this apex? Then Jesus tells us if we follow him we can have eternal life. Does he have a technique for staying in this apex eternally and avoid the plunge back into the black hole? Possibly what the Bible is describing as the bottomless pit? It's speculated that Mary was an Essene. Was Jesus trying to share with the masses knowledge usually kept for the select few?

Last edited:
It's possible..the secret knowledge thing or another way to look at it...
My Grandpa had some old shoemaker tools his dad used to make shoes for the family. Great Grandpa was a carpenter. I saw a tv show on shoemaking and some of the tools they were using differently. i though they must have it wrong then i realized the tool was better for what they were using it for than what my Grandpa showed me.
Fact is Grandpa could teach me carpentry but he wasn't a shoemaker too like his pop.
I realised either Great grandpa had a different style with the tool...
Or my Grandpa out of love and respect for me and his father was trying to show me what he could pass on the best he could even if he didn't fully understand what he saw his father doing. His dad died when he was 16... how much of what we see our dad's do when were young do we decide "I'm going to memorize this and master it now because he won't be here some day"...most likely it's like "Yeah, cool dad....can I go out and play?"

Imagine if our ancestors were from another planet many generations ago. How much of our tech is taught to us by using other tech? How would we pass on the knowlege if we lost the modern tech?
Just like in my story on measurements. The metric system is easier but it does not embody all the knowlege required to understand the old way and how it came to be. when you abandon the old ways you also abandon the knowledge built into the old ways.
Right now there are very few steel makers who could probably make steel as fine a quality as any tradesman could make in the heyday of the US steel industry. some things can't be passed along in books.
The aerospace and automobile industry growing out of carriage works has kept alive techniques and skills invented by the first blacksmiths who fashioned armor for knights.
Because we still have a market for sheetmetal workers we can still build body armor (not that it's needed) but say for example... if several generations went by without the trade being passed on... the method would be lost possibly forever.
Where are the alchemists? it's all lost all we have left of the alchemists and their secret knowledge and formula are the Tarot.
It's a process by which learned skills and technique become academic relics then eventually religious or superstitious rituals that have lost their connection to any useful purpose
Like the inch and the foot now being understood as the width of a finger or the length of a foot instead of the true scientific origin and meaning of the measure.
Give a few generations and witches will be inscribing inches and feet into prayer circles to reap their mystical powers

You lad, go fetch me my pokin' stick!

I'm in town this week and the next. taking a scaffold erection class this week and first aid cpr next week through the capenter's union.
I also need to take osha 16 hour but i think i can do that online.
need to get my certs caught up so I can get back in the game. supposed to be a few contractors hiring up for some long term work soon

I don't have a carpenter job yet I might still be in the truck a while but I'm itching to get off my ass

Well Torchman,
I'm inclined to believe that we won't (collectively) lose a lot more skills as we are now in the computer age and so many of the crafts have been recorded and more are being added all the time.

If we lost computers or the internet we would probably lose considerable knowledge of the manual arts and crafts, but I don't foresee that happening short of a world wide war destroying our hi tech communications and electric power supplies.

Latest posts

Back