MIG welders on sale at NAPA! 50% off!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35psi

Most napa stores should have this deal available. I'm posting for KY, as that's where I live. These are american made top quality welders, on par with the big names everyone likes.
OrderForm.jpg

The only thing that I see as a drawback is that these are flux core only (if I read the ad right). A bottle just makes them work so much better.

Don

Ah, good. Then the one for $ 527.67 is probably the best buy of the lot, being that it is the cheapest 230 volt. The ones above that start getting into the range of what Cyberweld and others sell comparable units for, even at the 1/2 off price. For example, the one that NAPA is selling for $ 1361.50 seems comparable to a Miller 212 that Cyberweld sells for $ 1588.00.

Millermatic 212 MIG Welder Auto-Set 907405
From now until September 30, 2010 get a $150 Cash Rebate from Miller when you purchase any Millermatic 212 MIG welder AND a Spoolmate 200 spool gun.

Mfg Industrial Price: $1,992.00
Cyberweld Price: $1,588.00

We have the earlier version of the 212, a 210, and for the 8 or 9 years we have owned it the thing has laid down untold miles of welds and has been flawless.

Not trying to say the NAPA welder isn't a good one, but what would concern me would be not knowing who made it, and whenever someone runs a sale like this at 1/2 off it generally means they are getting out of selling that model or that these are a discontinued model and newer ones are coming along. I also think the original price from where the 1/2 off was taken was very inflated to start with. You can buy a Miller or Lincoln or Hobart every day for similar prices to what NAPA is getting even with the 1/2 off.

I just don't think the NAPA sale is such a hot deal, personally. Sorry, just my opinion.

Don

It probably says flux core because the gas kit is extra. Are they made by Century?
I'd say the 50% off is a little misleading, I can't imagine that bottom of the line welder selling for $544.

I thought so too on the "original pricing." Even Lincoln or Miller welders don't sell for anywhere near the original price they are showing. Kinda like that "Manufacturers suggested list" price thing.

Don

I can buy a 230v Lincoln mig rig at lowes for 530. and get the gas kit with it. MSRP is misleading. They double the price and slash it to make you rip your wallet thru your pants.

Latest posts

Back