Mini T bucket from golf cart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, sounds like it will really scoot! Don't wait 'till it's done, show us some pics now!

It sounds like I've already lost the drag race !:( Oh well, mine is just for puttin' around anyway, besides if my wife is going to be driving it the electric motor is plenty - still has more class than a Prius !!

Got a couple things done today, column drop, trimmed the rubber mat to fit, fit the package tray under the cowl and the all-important bevvie holders!

If you use the search function and type in EZGO rat roadster project there are some old mock up pictures of the build. It has come along way in 4 years of tinkering with it and I am wiring it up now. I will have to post pics of what it looks like all painted up and assembled.

You plan on a putting a top on this thing at all?

Oh yeah, a traditional tall T bucket style rag top.

Re-mounted the grille shell in it's final position, 1 1/2" higher so the bottom isn't hidden behind the axle, also the reveal that will go on the hood sides will work out better and the hood top won't slope down so much. I dug out a pair of Deitz headlights that I had squirreled away and got them mounted also. [;)

Attachments

• may 17 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 113
  • may 17 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 118
  • may 17 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 129
I like the color on the headlights, keep it going.

Yeah, that's the old 70's Corvette yellow, one of my fav colours. That's just what's still on them since '97 - sorry - it's coming off...

Made the hood and sides today and drove it outside for some daylight pics.

Attachments

• may 17 11 golf cart ! 001.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart ! 001.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 174
  • may 17 11 golf cart ! 009.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart ! 009.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 132
  • may 17 11 golf cart ! 007.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart ! 007.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 141
  • may 17 11 golf cart ! 010.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart ! 010.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 148
^- The only problem with that is the battery draw. Being an electric golf cart he needs as little drawing power as possible, which would give him more drive time. I would go ice for the under-hood cooler.

ZZ- Is that an air horn I spy under the hood?

Maybe a small solar panel to keep the battery charged?.....just thinking outloud..btw what a nice build and thinking outside the box.......very cool

hey yea! they make small ones for RV's that could mount in the bed or on the bed cover if you had one. good idea. [;)

Actually those really do work(we studied those a bit in our solar class). You wouldn`t need that big of one for the cooler really. You should use a small separate battery, as draining a single battery from the golf cart would be bad for the whole array of batteries.

We covered batteries/electronics fairly throughly at school, can you tell :D

New car solar panel's work well for keeping a single bat. charged. I use one on my pontoon boat that I leave in the water all the time, and never have to charge it!! But I doubt ZZ would want to leave that nice ride out in the sun all the time!!

You got a louver press? Would look cool with some louvers in that hood.

Looks great anyway[dr

No, I don't have one though that would look cool.

^- The only problem with that is the battery draw. Being an electric golf cart he needs as little drawing power as possible, which would give him more drive time. I would go ice for the under-hood cooler.

ZZ- Is that an air horn I spy under the hood?

That's an OOGAH horn you see under there.

Maybe a small solar panel to keep the battery charged?.....just thinking outloud..btw what a nice build and thinking outside the box.......very cool

I've thought about a solar panel, maybe two in the box that can flip out to the sides when carrying cargo, also should be able to wire them into the system as a trickle charger.

Attachments

• may 17 11 golf cart ! 008.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart ! 008.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 92
  • may 17 11 golf cart ! 004.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart ! 004.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 103
  • may 17 11 golf cart ! 003.jpg
    may 17 11 golf cart ! 003.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 104
Another superior effort, zz. I sure would like to be in your shop for the whole build. A person could learn a great deal watching you fabricate.

The cart reminds me a bit of the old Volksrods. Hmmm...Maybe after the Cadillac project, a rear engined, street legal mini-T???? Hyabussa powered??? Wheee!!!!!

So how does it drive with the extra weight? I know you have taken it out, you drove it around before there was a body on it! :p

Latest posts

Back