Minnesota here.... ya... you betcha!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerplant

Signing in from the frosty state.

I am in my 30's. After receiving my A&P licence to work on planes (this taught me I didn't want to work on them) I moved on to work as a millwright in a coal fired powerplant until recently I have joined the company safety department as a site safety manager.

Right now I am working with a 1935 International semi Cab & hood. I have some 2x4 tubing to start my chassis with. I also nabed a 1972 chevy truck with a 402 big block, 400 trans, Dana 60 rear end. I recenlty picked up a 1937 Ford front axle and spindles. I am getting close in gathering parts to where I can start building.

I am fairly self sufficient in my garage at home however I have a machine shop at my disposal also.

I have spent most of my life tinkering with motorcycles and cars but never built one myself. I was on a european car hangup for awhile messing with water cooled VW's and Audi's.

Welcome!

Powerplant,
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like u've got a pretty good start there. Be sure to post some fotos when u can & there are several builds showing how to build u're own frame!

BoB

UFT DA! Wheres about are ya? We got one of those plants out there by the interstate, don't ya know. Be glad to help ya.

UFT DA! Wheres about are ya? We got one of those plants out there by the interstate, don't ya know. Be glad to help ya.

I am over on the Mississippi River... not to far from you. I work for Dairyland Power Cooperative in Genoa Wi.

I threw in the "Minnesota" talk for kicks.....

Actualy.... I hate the movie "Fargo" if anyone remembers that flick. You really have to get quite a ways north in Minnesota before you run into people that talk that way.

I do say "ya" alot though.... when I visit my inlaws in Chicago people will ask "you are not from around here are you".....

You betcha, darn tootin, fer sher, ya eh?...

Welcome !

Welcome to the site Powerplant!
My wife is putting together a 47 KB-5 IH !

Attachments

• Lisa's truck dr side front.jpg
    Lisa's truck dr side front.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 12
Here are a couple pics

Attachments

• DSC05453.JPG
    DSC05453.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC05454.JPG
    DSC05454.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC05455.JPG
    DSC05455.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC05456.JPG
    DSC05456.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC05457.JPG
    DSC05457.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 9
Updated pics... you can see I have been repairing rust..

I do have some other stuff laying around, just no pics... I will work on that and maybe start a build thread.

Attachments

• DSC05912.JPG
    DSC05912.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC05913.JPG
    DSC05913.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC05914.JPG
    DSC05914.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC05915.JPG
    DSC05915.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC09775-vi.jpg
    DSC09775-vi.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to RRR, powerplant. Nice start to what promises to be a nice truck. Just one problem I see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The shop is TOO neat ! :D:D

welcome aboard from a fellow Minnesotan. I actually like the movie fargo, but yea, not quite accurate of the whole state. I only say you betcha twice a week at the most. :D :p

and hotrodron. we do have quite a few lakes around here. seems like you cant drive more then a mile or so in any direction and not hit a lake or stream. during the summer if its a slow day my boss doesnt ask if I want to go home early, he asks if I want to go fishin. :D

Latest posts

Back