Missed by 15 minutes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Youngster

Saw an add in the local ''Shopper'', For Sale...'46 Chevy pickup, $100 OBO. Called the number.
I ask... You still got it?
He says...Yup, still got it.
I says... I'll be there in 20 minutes.
25 minutes later..I'm helping the guy that bought it load it on his trailer. He paid $50 for it 15 minutes earier.
Nice complete cab and hood, useable box, bad fenders and grill.
SOB, maybe next time!

Youngster, You have to run out of your house and speed to those deals. Go to Traderonline.com and see if they still have a place to put what you're looking for and they will email you everytime something comes into a trader anywhere. I did that when I was looking for a Model A and I got notifications everyday. When the one came in that I could afford I called the guy and he said that it couldn't be his car because the trader hadn't come out yet. His ad didn't come out for a week and a half after I bought the car. Most people don't know that most of the local traders and shoppers put their stuff online. It was in Columbus Ga. and I live in N. C. After I called him and made the deal I was down there the next day with a trailer to pick it up. And hot40rod it was a lucky day for you to miss a Honda. Just joking my friend, don't get mad. Harleyboy

Speed Limit!?!?

I'll be there in 20 minutes.
25 minutes later..I'm helping the guy that bought it load it on his trailer!

Youngster,
That's what happens when u drive the speed limit!!! ; - >

Er... did I say that!?!?! ; - >

Sorry dude!!!

BoB

I went to look at a 32' Roadster. Price was right, but I don't really like roadsters. (Bald) Anyway, I went home to think about it and decided if it was still there the next day, I would buy it. Called at 7am the next morning and it was gone (sigh). Just figured it wasn't meant to be. Then my Gasser came along.............couldn't be happier.

ya win some ya lose some!!, missed a free AA truck by a day but bought a mercedes 450 sl with less than 30k mi for 1500 bucks four months ago, there are still some great deals if you can be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Update....Got home from work yesterday and there's a message on the answering machine. Seems the guy that bought the truck made his wife unhappy when he brought it home. So I call him.

I says...You want to sell the '46 now?
he says... Yeah, she's still ****ed!
I says ...How much ya want fer it?
He says..$750 firm!
I hang up!!

Latest posts

Back